Chapter Six

Hello!!

**WARNING- you may see some violent content in this chapter**

Enjoy.

PS. Again, this is unedited, if you catch a mistake feel free to point it out to me, thank you!

|| ✨ ||

"So what, Father's a murderer now?" Elijah questioned after I kicked Finn out of my office. It also dawned on me that he never apologized for his behavior earlier. Interesting.

Jasper slowly turned to face Elijah, his expression unimpressed.

Elijah rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean," he snapped, reading the look on our brother's face. "I get the sperm donor doesn't tell us much about what he does but do you honestly think he would kill off his own brother?"

I leaned my elbows on the desk, lacing my fingers together and pressing my lips to my hands, watching my brothers.

"We have no idea what our father is capable of," Jasper responded, pushing off the couch and standing in front of Elijah, exactly at eye level with each other. "For all we know, Uncle Ron said something to piss him off. We all know how short of a fuse this family has."

"His brother Jasper, that would be like me murdering you for funsies," Elijah scoffed at the idea, throwing his hands in the air. Atticus remained silent in his seat. Corinne looked highly amused.

"I wouldn't put it past you if I threatened you in some way, this isn't some fantasy life brother, this is real-"

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled, silencing them both before they gave me a headache. I looked at Jasper, "No, we don't know what our father is capable of," and then glanced at Elijah, "and everyone imagines killing Jasper for fun, he's a pain in the ass, but there are more important things going on and you two need to sit down and listen," I ordered slapping my palm on the desk.

Jasper glared at me and slumped back to his armchair. "Worse things than murder?" Corinne asked curiously, tilting her head slightly.

I stood up, walked around my desk, and leaned my backside against the front of the desk, crossing my ankles. "It correlates with the murder." Atticus sat up straighter. "An open mandate contract has been put out against us."

The room fell silent. Corinne's fingers strayed to the dagger strapped to her hip as if the cool metal hilt calmed her.

Elijah raised one hand in the air. "When you say us, is that a collective us or like you and Father kind of us?"

I squinted at him, my brain trying to comprehend the sentence I don't think he could even understand. "That's collective, all Love family members are on the list. Uncle Ron was the first name crossed off."

Jasper ran a hand through his perfectly styled hair, his face for once showing emotion. Fear.

Atticus's head snapped to face me. "Amari?" I nodded my head once.

All of my brothers cursed loudly. Amari was not even an active person in the business, her only worries in life were her clothes and school. As a senior, Atticus managed to split his time between the family business and his studies.

Corinne strolled to the wet bar in the corner of my office next to the mini-fridge and started making herself a drink. "How much is the contract worth?"

Although Corinne was probably one of the most trustworthy people in my life, I wouldn't put it past her to at least consider the amount of cash in question.

"Why?" Jasper demand, his eyes narrowing at her, "Hoping to make a little extra cash?"

A smirk played on the edges of her lips. "Maybe you should choose your words more carefully around me Jasper, I might want to buy a mansion one day."