Ch. 23

They went to a pet store and got the snake identified as a Corn Snake, and got all the stuff they needed to care for Bernard. Lugging the tank back to Usagiyama-san's car as the heroine followed behind her (wearing a hat) carrying a bag and the snake. "You take Ber." Rumi said handing the animal to her as she started the car.

They pulled into the car park and brought the snake equipment back to the office building. Waving at Ari they stepped into the elevator and headed to the Second floor. This was Yuri's first time seeing the hero's Office.

It was a relatively Spartan office for one of the top heroes in the country. It had a wooden desk with a office chair framed by the window. The desk had two other office chairs in front of it, there were book shelves containing mostly empty space and there were 2 tall filing cabinets. They sat down the containment and comfort equipment on Miruko's desk. "Alright kid let's put the tank and lamp over here." The Rabbit hero ordered. Yuri set down the glass container on the fourth shelf near the desk.

"It looks good there, let's add these decorations!" The hero said, while wearing Bernard like a necklace. They decorated the tank with faux branches and a little rock cave. Usagiyama placed her new son on one of the branches. Turning to the young intern she said, "Alright go get back into your hero costume and go train by yourself, I've got a bit of paperwork from the operation this morning." The hero said shooting her a thumbs up.

Smiling she left the office and headed back to the elevators. Grabbing her hero costume from the dryer she changed and went down to the gym. After waving to Ari she entered the gym and started stretching.

Later after stretching she took her water bottle and set it 30 ft in front of her. It was at the top range her capture weapons could go. She started passing it in between the weapons while doing laps. She only dropped it once she'd done 25 laps of the gym.

At varying speeds and heights. Eventually she stopped to actually drink from the water bottle before changing to her watch while using the other wrist to fling her between faux street lights. So she was juggling a wrist watch in one 'hand' and swinging.

"OI NEWBI!" Looking over Miruko was done with paper work. "COME DOWN WE HAVE TRAINING TO DO!" Jumping down she met the hero on the ground.

____||||____

They sat in Usagiyama's office. "Ok tell me about your goals for you heroism career and your costume." Usagiyama ordered. "I want to be an underground hero mainly in impoverished areas and my costume is made so it blends in." Yuri said before sliding the hero a sheet of paper. It was the design sheet for her costume that the maker put in. After reading the hero looked up. "Alright, do you have a way to cover your fingers in case of a fire or a spike quirk?." Usagiyama asked. "No, good idea tho." Yuri said writing down the suggestion.

"Also face covering. I'm a lime light hero so ya'll can see my face. But you want to go underground so I'd suggest both a dust filter mask and safety glasses." She said giving the paper back. "Won't the glasses obstruct my vision?" Yuri asked looking up from her notes. "Make them clear." Rumi said with a shrug.

"And another thing how is the armour in this current costume?" Usagiyama asked flipping though papers on her desk. "It's completely tear proof and I've got a Kevlar vest under it?" Yuri said shrugging. "Not enough, add knee pads and elbow pads and ankle support because your going to be doing a lot of tumbling." She said looking up from her paperwork.

"Oooookay. Any thing else?" Yuri asked. "If you want a hood, your hair is kinda recognizable." Rumi said gesturing to the pinned back bangs. "Ah, I'll add a beanie that'll stay on." Yuri said adding that to her notes.

"Alright you choose, we go out to lunch and then come back and you write an email to powerloader and then we train a bit more before evening patrol. Or, you write that email now and we eat after." Usagiyama questioned. "Could we eat now?" Yuri asked. "Sure! I know this amazing place it's called soba shack!" Usagiyama said before dragging her out of the office.