Huey, Dewey & Louie Duck (Romantic Scenario - "Crunch Time 2")

Start from the beginning

"You're not hearing me, lad. This little 'game' of yours is over. You ought to know better than most, I won't be having anyone under this roof breaking up families."

Idling on the other side of the door with her head lowered, Webby fiddled with her thumbs and listened as the conversation rose to tumultuous heights and sank to melancholy lulls. She struggled to appease the remorse that was turning her usually delicious lunch into a source of nausea. Beakley stood beside her with her hands cupped and her eyes facing the solid wood texture of the entrance to her employer's office, a product of the years spent with the paranoid minds at S.H.U.S.H. headquarters.

Webby raised her head and took a step towards the door, but her grandmother rested a hand on her shoulder. Despite the minimal force and soft tone behind it, the duckling understood that her presence was best left unstated when Beakley reassured her, "You made the right choice."

The short, narrow door at the front of the mansion, an anomaly next to the lavish portraits, creaked open with audible hesitancy. "Boys?" inquired a raspy voice, and the perplexed figure of Donald Duck ambled into the foyer. He looked at Beakley with a questioning stare before turning to the office in a moment of suspicion, prompting the housekeeper to expel a quiet sigh.

"Donald, could you accompany me to the kitchen?"

* * *

The triplets had, in the way a trapped animal foresaw the arrival of a hunter, awaited the eruption of their temperamental uncle's wrath, yet the sailor was oddly reluctant to contribute his opinion to the discussion. Donald watched the road with depleted mirth for life as if sealing a morose realization behind his weary visage. As his eyelids drooped from a weight much more potent than a lack of sleep, perhaps he blamed every time he had made them stay on the boat rather than allow them to explore.

Like a lightbulb springing into existence at the first sip of electricity, Dewey's bottomless optimism was revived by a mere glance at the street. "I just wanna say hi, I promise!"

Before Donald could expose the inevitability of otherwise, an embittered voice snapped, "Why? They made it clear they don't want to see us anymore." Huey sat on the inner seat with his arms crossed and his shoulders slumped, a mixture of umbrage and despair ruining his posture.

What he viewed as an impossible and horrific conclusion scarred the rambunctious triplet's excitement, but his faith in your connection refused to waver. "Because they're my friend, and I miss them."

Huey slammed his back into the seat and turned his head away. Envy and denial caused his foot to begin tapping the floor as he crossed his legs, an admission of lasting unrest that garnered a look of bewilderment from Louie. "Dude, are you still mad about that?" The youngest triplet had curled into a ball against the door with his hood pulled over his face, but the commotion drew him out of his brooding.

Fidgeting and waving his arms in mock uncertainty, Huey shook with an agitated chuckle that contained no happiness. "Just -- probably their last day at the manor, and you're the only one who got to spend any time with them."

Dismissing his scornful mood in the pursuit of improving his own, Dewey offered his eldest brother a look of frustration before shifting his attention to the window. The rambunctious triplet squeezed the glass and bared his teeth with so much enthusiasm that his cheeks ached. A squeal rose in his throat that suggested the desire for either you to inexplicably enter the automobile or himself to teleport outside it, which drew a grumble and an eye roll from Huey.