29 | improvisation

Start from the beginning

"What can I say? I just like affection from my boyfriend." Delilah states.

Soon enough, the pair finish resolving their problem together and separate to walk in opposite directions from each other — Sarah heads towards her home, whereas John B goes over to where his friends stand. The boy just rolls his eyes after catching sight of the three with smirks on their faces as they get ready to make little comments. John B shoves Delilah in the shoulder in a playful manner to prevent her from saying anything, which only makes her do the same action back to him.

"That's not very nice." Delilah says with sarcasm laced in her voice. "What if I fell over?

"Well, you're not very nice." John B jokes.

"That's my girl you're talking to. Be careful what you say." JJ warns, playfully.

"I was gonna ask you if you wanted me to perform your vows." Pope tells the brunet. "But I've changed my mind and will ask these two instead."

"Did you at least say 'be safe'?" Delilah asks.

"I did say that, yes." John B replies.

Beyond the wall, Sarah can be seen walking over to the truck that was just parked by her older brother moments ago. She peers around inside of the vehicle to then realise that the keys have been removed from the ignition, which means that the doors are most likely locked. So, Sarah turns around on her heel and enters the house itself to go looking for the missing keys. This only sends a panic to rise up inside of the four teenagers that are watching from afar, knowing that this is exactly what they didn't want to happen.

"Hey, JB, I think you might've missed something when telling her to 'be safe'." Delilah comments.

"I'm going over." John B informs.

He had completely ignored what the redhead had said to him sarcastically, proceeding to go along with what he said he was going to do — Delilah couldn't really care if he said anything in response or not. The brown haired boy grabs ahold of the stonewall and attempts to haul his body over the top of it, aiming to land on the other side. This makes Delilah and the two boys go to copy John B's actions and follow after him; none of them want to be left behind when they have the chance to get involved and help.

A car's horn suddenly fills their ears and rings loudly through the quiet air of the night, which is followed by the sound of an older man's voice. Each of them halt in their actions and spin around to see that an elderly man has now stepped out of the vehicle, gaze already settled onto them. A gun is gripped firmly at hand, already loaded as a precaution. Instantly, the teenagers jump down from the wall and raise their hands in the air to show that none of them mean to cause any harm.

However, one person out of the four Pogues actually managed to escape and land on the other side of the wall. Delilah crouches down to avoid her bright hair to be seen swaying from the sudden movements, not wanting to get herself caught and put the boys into even more trouble with the man. JJ is the first one to notice that the girl had managed to slip away unseen after he went to take a protective step in front of her; half of him is glad that Del's away from the barrel of the gun, while another is slightly worried about what will happen next.

"I got a double-aught bucks in this thing, so I can't miss." The man informs.

"Sir, it's not what it seems." JJ says.