Chapter Eighty: Rise Of The Secret Soldiers: Part Two

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Donny, get in here, quick!" Douglas yelled as we ran towards him.

He then pointed to the big screen and to our shock we see Mr. President.

"Mr. President?" Dad asked in shock.

"He said he'd only talk to you. Apparently, I'm just the help!" Douglas said in annoyance while throwing his hands up in the air.

"Thank you, Douglas, that'll be all" Leo said while waving him off.

"Davenport, a high-security military base was breached, and communications equipment was stolen" Mr. President said.

"I'm sorry to here that, sir. Do you need some of my tracking technology?" Dad asked but Mr. President shook his head.

"No, I need Adam, Bree, Chase and Luna" Mr. President said while looking at me.

Me and dad sighed as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Well, with all due respect, sir, they dissolved the team" I said and dad nodded.

"Look, our national safety is far more important than a squabble between besties. The Vice-President and I are going through that right now. Drama! Phew" Mr. President scoffed.

We all looked at each other before giving him weird looks.

"Fix this, and get them back on the job" Mr. President said.

"Yes, Mr. President" Dad nodded.

"And if Adam, Bree, and Chase won't stop those criminals...then I will" Leo grinned as he did a pose.

Mr. President started laughing as he shook his head at him.

"Thanks, kid. As awful as things are right now, it feels good to laugh" Mr. President smiled.

Leo gave him an offended look while me, dad and Douglas started laughing ourselves.

Back Upstairs

We all made it into the living room as the trio walked in. Chase walked in through the front door, carrying a few bags and wearing a different outfit.

"Hey, what's with the urgent text alert? I was out buying sunglasses for my astronomy cruise. Check these out!" Chase grinned.

He set his bags down and took out some weird telescopes and put them on his face.

"They double as telescopes!" Chase grinned and we all looked at him weirdly.

"All's I'm seeing is another reason to throw you overboard" Adam said and I smacked his arm.

"The President called. There's an emergency and he needs you" Dad said and I nodded.

"But we told him we quit" Bree said and Chase nodded.

"Yeah, we don't even want to talk to each other. Why would we want to work together?" Chase asked in annoyance.

"Yeah! And I'm not agreeing with him, I'm just emphasizing his point" Adam said.

"Look, I'm getting tired of your selfish attitudes. It is your duty to complete this mission" Dad said but Chase shook his head.

"No. It was our duty. But then people started protesting against us on our own front lawn. Maybe the world needs to get a taste of what it's like without us" Chase angrily said.

I stared at him in shock yet sadness that he doesn't want to help.

"Yeah! Still not agreeing with him, I just feel the exact same he does" Adam nodded

"Guys come on, this is important something bad could be happening and we're the only ones that can stop it" I tried telling them but they shook their heads at me.