36. Day 5

Wednesday
Julies POV
Okay so for today the band an I are working on our set list for tomorrow's gig and later we're all going to the beach cuz it's hot af outside today. My heart still aches for two reasons. One , for ex's Luke and I spend a lot of time together and two he's leaving in two days. But also what happened outside the garage on Monday still floats in the back of my head. That feeling of nervousness that came back to me like when I first started having feelings for him. It's like he overcame my body just with his words alone. I could see a glimpse of what we used to be like but as quick as it came it left when he went back into the garage. He doesn't know this but I've been writing a new song and guess who it's about. But this time its like that softer pop style and in a heartache form. The boys went inside to grab food while I stayed in the garage humming the melody to the song and jotting down lyrics with a pencil in my hand and a pen behind my ear. Why you ask? I don't know I forgot it was there.

Still laser focused and my eyes glued to my sheet music I hear the doors open but I don't bother to see who comes in. Next I feel the pen I'd forgotten about leave my ear quickly but still refuse to move.

Luke : Is this a new hair accessory or something?

I jump as I hear Luke's voice and cover my sheets. Once my eyes meet him he's giving that famous smirk as his playing with the pen in between his fingers.

Luke : did I startle you?

I grab the pen from his hand and give him a cocky look.

Me : Since when are you so proper? "Startle" what are you 40?

He comes back at me with the same cocky look on his face and crosses his arms.

Luke : Perhaps. Whatcha working on? New song for the set?

Me : Possibly

Luke : Can I see it?

I hide the papers under my arms and my heart beat suddenly quickens.

Me : NO

Luke : And why not?

Me : B-because they're not ready yet.

Luke : Hmm okay

He holds up his arms in defense and gets off the chair he was sitting in and starts leaving for the door. I put my papers back in their original position and continue writing then I realized....

I never heard the door open or close....

Just then I'm lifted of the ground and spun in the air. My papers are still in my hands put he's trying to get them from me with great effort.

Me : LUKEEEEE

I whine as he grabs my papers and puts me back on the ground holding them up to the ceiling with that smirk on his face. A faint blush hits my cheeks but I chose to ignore and try to jump to get my papers.

Me : Give em back!!

Luke : Sorry little lady I don't think I will.

Me : HEYY I'm not little in short there's a difference

While still holding the sheet music in the air he turns it so he could see the lyrics. His eyes scan the lyrics faster then Alex watches the entire High School Musical franchise. His arms lowers slowly to get a better look at the sheet music and once he finishes he just looks at me.

Luke : Jules is this about me?

Me : Yeah it is

Luke : would you sing it for me?