Faryal smiled at her and the moment her eyes turned towards Zahra she paused. Zahra was playing with the palette and brush. Her cream-colored lawn sleeveless frock and her face were blotted by red, yellow, and green colored patches.

"Zahra", Faryal gasped. Zahra smiled showing her two front teeth. The sight in front of Faryal was ambushing and cute.

"Aww she is looking adorable", Amma Jan laughed.

"Yeh kya kiya Zahra? (What have you done Zahra)", Faryal shook her head and tried to take the brush and palette from her.

"Ehhh", Zahra shrieked and crawled in the opposite direction.

"Zahra come let's get you cleaned up", Faryal said. She glanced at the wall clock and mumbled "Zohaib comes at this time".

"Nooo", Zahra screamed, she got up on her feet and started running around.

"Zahra-", but before she could say another word Zahra paused and threw the things on the floor. Faryal looked up Zohaib was standing in front of Zahra. He stepped forward and picked her up in his arms. He kissed Zarha's cheek. Faryal kept standing at her place.

"You had quite a busy evening", Zohaib said eyeing the paints all over her. Zahra blabbered in reply showing him the paints on her hands. His shirt was stained by all the colors but it didn't bother him. He looked at Faryal, the moment their eyes met she slowly turned around and gathered all the mess they both have created in the living room.

"Zohaib, come inside beta, why are you standing at the entrance?", Amma Jan called him.

Zohaib walked inside. 

"Assalam u alikum Amma jan", Zohaib bent down in front of Amma Jan. Amma Jan held his face between her hands to kiss his head but instead, she frowned. "You have a high fever". Faryal paused hearing Amma Jan's words and her features tensed.

"I'm doing well Amma Jan.", Zohaib said. Amma Jan kissed his head and told him to sit beside her.

"I can see how well you are. Did you take medicines?", Amma Jan questioned.

Zohaib shook his head, "I'll be okay, don't worry".

Agha Jan and Zain appeared, Zain was holding Agha Jan's arm protectively. Zain had taken him out for the walk as prescribed by baba Jan. There was not a single day Zain let Agha Jan alone. He was always around him.

"Zohaib tum kub aye beta? (Zohaib when did you come son?)", Agha Jan smiled.

Zohaib greeted them and asked Agha Jan about his health. "I feel better", Agha Jan gave him a weak smile.

"Zahra what are you up to?", Zain chuckled. Zahra smiled coyly, by now she has put the patches of paints on Zohaib's face as well.

"Faryal, give Zohaib a clean shirt of your baba", Amma Jan stated.

Faryal nodded. Zohaib took Zahra to Faryal's room. Faryal joined them with a T-shirt in her hand. She silently forwarded it towards him, he took it from her.

Zohaib was trying to clean Zahra's face with tissue paper but the paints were already dried. He was worried that the paints might react on her baby skin.

"These paints are harmless for kids, they are organic.", Faryal said. Zohaib stopped and looked up. She said something to him after weeks.

"I didn't say anything", he replied.

"Come Zahra", she said softly. Zahra wasn't ready to leave her daddy, but eventually, Faryal convinced her. She knew very well her Ammi is going to put a stop to her messy joys.