26 | a careless father

Comincia dall'inizio

Eventually, after sometime of driving to The Cut, the three teenagers arrive at the Château so that they are able to get the winch and make their way back over to Goat Island. JJ offers to go into the surf shack so that he can go find the tool, knowing that he's one of the best mechanics in the group. So, the blond boy hops out of the truck and starts running towards the house to be quick. However, he manages to trip on a discarded wire and fall along onto the floor, swiftly
rising back up to his feet within the same second.

"I'm okay! All good!" JJ exclaims.

"That's my boyfriend right there." Delilah mumbles.

"You know." Kie begins, twisting in her seat to look at the redhead. "I'm actually surprised John B and Sarah got married before you two."

"It's not like we thought JB was going to propose to her while on the run." Delilah tells her. "But that boy is madly in love with Sarah, I swear."

"So are you and JJ." Kie states. "That connection between you two has always been there, but you guys were just a bit blind to see it."

"Shut the hell up." Delilah replies, laughing.

"It's true though!" Kie insists. "I mean, if JJ did propose to you, would you say yes?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" Delilah replies with a smile. "I don't see myself with anyone other than J."

Kie smiles. "Awh."

Both of the girls turn towards the sound of footsteps to see that JJ is returning back with the winch, but is also bringing a guest along. The teenage boy's father is trudging along beside JJ after suddenly making an appearance from around the corner. Delilah's brows furrow together in confusion as to what's happening, her eyes finding JJ's. When nothing is said about the sudden new addition of an adult, Delilah and Kiara slide out of their seats and walk around to the boy.

"Dad, just get in the truck." JJ instructs, putting the winch in the back. "And don't do anything stupid."

"What the frick? No! Immediately, no." Kie protests.

"JJ, what's he doing here?" Delilah asks.

"Look, I just need to get into the marina at the Island Club. There's a boat there that he can take. Kie, you got the sticker on your truck. Twenty minutes, that's all I need." JJ briefly explains.

"The Twinkie's gonna be a submarine in twenty minutes!" Kie exclaims.

"Can't you just leave him here and we come back to get him later?" Delilah suggests.

"The cops are after him." JJ informs. "If I do this now, maybe I'll never have to do it again."

"But the Twinkie—" Kie begins.

"Kie." Delilah warns, interrupting the brunette. "Let him do this."

"Also, Ly?" JJ calls. "I'm not letting you sit in the back with my dad."

"Like hell are we gonna let you do that too." Delilah argues.

"He won't do anything, I promise." JJ reassures, voice quiet as he holds onto the redhead. "I'm just scared of him being near you."