CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

The man's head was decapitated, blood oozing out as his head dropped to the floor along with his lifeless body.

Screams and cries of people inside the carnival echoed throughout the area, blood and dead bodies splattered everywhere.

The carnival's lights turned off making the place dark and the rides suddenly stopped.

The screams became louder and louder. Multiple gunshots went off into the air, grunts and lifeless bodies falling into the bloodied floor.

Dead children lay on the bloodied ground, stomachs and arms sliced off.

"Mommy!" A little girl screamed in pain as her one arm and one leg was sliced off, trying to crawl herself to her mommy's dead body that lay beside her.

A shear terror hung around the thick air that surrounded the carnival. Nonstop crying and yelling of people, especially babies swallowed the area.

"N-No my son!" A lady shouted at his son who lay dead on the ground but before she could even grief and touch him, someone slit her throat from behind, making a fountain of blood as it gushed out of her neck and her body dropped to the ground, eyes widened.

There are a lot of dead bodies of children laid on the ground lifelessly and also a seven month old baby that has its face burned so much to the point its skin is melting. Their limbs and arms are both torn off and their blood covers the entire ground.

A sudden fire spread around somewhere the area where most shows were held at, terror screams of people inside echoed as their body got spread to the fire, burning them in the process.

Their burning bodies lifelessly walked, trying to get rid of the fire but failed. Men with the guns started to fire bullets at them.

The Ferris Wheel suddenly stopped, making Jeongguk and Taehyung halt in their seats. Confusion plastered on their faces as they heard the loud commotion outside.

Taehyung peeked his eyes through the tinted window and his dark eyes widened at the bloody sight that entered his eye sockets.

Men with masks holding armed guns kept shooting at the people, silencing their screams.

As he continued to look with a jaw slacking at the sight, blood immediately splattered on the window, making both Taehyung and Jeongguk jerk in surprise.

"W-What is that?! Is that blood?!" Jeongguk screamed, terrified. Taehyung immediately placed his big hand onto the younger's mouth, silencing him.

Tears started to pool on Jeongguk's eyes as he kept continuing to hear the screams and cries of the people outside. They can also hear the screams of people that were in the Ferris Wheel alongside them.

A loud scream came at the very top of the Ferris Wheel and the armed men heard it. They then decided to target the person behind the voice and one of the armed men aimed their sniper at them, immediately sniping at the person who screamed, killing them at the spot.

"What the fuck is happening!" Jeongguk cried out, mouth still muffled under Taehyung's big hand.

He never expected to be in the middle of a fucking massacre.

Soon after, more screams emitted from the Ferris Wheel and Taehyung groaned loudly. If the people who went along with them to ride at the Ferris Wheel keep shouting, the armed men will definitely fire bullets into them and Taehyung couldn't risk that.

The armed men have surrounded the entire carnival fair, making it impossible to hide from them and escape this place. Taehyung has to do something, after all, he's a gang leader's son and maybe, these men will listen to him.

"Baby," Taehyung uttered out, caressing Jeongguk's wet cheeks which were stained by the amount of tears the boy had shed.

"Don't worry baby, I'll protect you." Taehyung shushed, holding and pulling the younger's face close to his, caressed the back of his hair and uttered nothing but sweet words to comfort the other.

Jeongguk was trembling badly but somehow, he felt protected in the arms of Taehyung. The way Taehyung was holding him like a fragile glass that will break because Jeongguk will if the massacre outside continues to happen.

The younger's glossy eyes suddenly widened in horror. "Lucy. Lucy is outside! Taehyung, we need to go after her! She must be in danger," Jeongguk cried out for his grandmother.

Taehyung gulped and nodded. He looked at the door and looked back again at Jeongguk. "Stay here inside okay baby? I need you to stay here and you'll only come out if I say so,"

Jeongguk would be blushing right now at the pet name he heard from Taehyung if it's not with the deadly situation they were currently in.

His doe eyes widened at Taehyung in horror and suddenly held the elder's hand tightly. "Wait, what about you? You are going outside and you can get killed! Please Taehyung no,"

The younger male pleaded but the older male only smiled at his baby. He cupped the younger's cheeks.

"I'll come back for you." Taehyung softly spoke to his baby.

Jeongguk is crying hard right now and he almost screamed his lungs out when Taehyung went outside the door.

"Taehyung, no! Come back!" The younger male screamed and he banged on the door continuously to open it but it was locked by Taehyung outside.

Taehyung locked the door.

He kept banging his hands as he screamed for Taehyung. Blood was still on the window so the younger couldn't see the bloody mess outside. Hell, he doesn't even wanna know.

He continuously weeps for Taehyung and Lucy. He is so worried about them especially about Lucy who he didn't even know if the girl was still alive by now because of the tragic event that happened.

Suddenly, the screams and gunshots outside stopped. Silence consumed the air and no more terror screams escaped into the air and Jeongguk was relieved, he can't stand the screams and he felt traumatized.

He weakly sat on his seat, waiting for Taehyung. Where is Taehyung now? After the older male stepped out, the noises had finally stopped.

Jeongguk wiped his tears, hands trembling. He can't believe what just happened. Earlier, he was about to kiss Taehyung on the lips and then multiple screams suddenly filled the thick air, armed men murdering every single citizen their eyes laid on.

Jeongguk drowned in his thoughts. Who could possibly let this massacre happen?

And why the fuck did this happen?!

The doe eyed male is now worried for Taehyung. Where the fuck is he?! Why hasn't he come back yet?

He chewed his lip and more tears pooled around his eyes. He wants to see Taehyung now.

The younger shrieked in surprise as the door was suddenly opened and his doe eyes widened, eyes meeting the figure.

The younger felt like he was going to cry from happiness and he immediately went to hug the other and the older chuckled at him.

"I told you baby, I'll come back for you didn't I?"