Yet, that puddle of doubt still sat in his brain. 'What if the songs aren't up to their standards?' He had been a singer most of his life, only occasionally diving into the art of producing and writing, that was Namjoon and Yoongi's forte. He hadn't really heard the company's artists' music to understand their genre either, so that's one thing he cold have done better.  

|10:00 a.m.|

"The senior producers are ready to see you." The receptionist spoke to a nervous Jungkook.

"Ah, thank you." The latter took a deep breath, put on his confident persona once again, and walked into the designated room for him.

As soon as he entered the room, the first thing to slap him in the face was the intense cold. The air felt so chilly, it almost reminded of his time with Taehyung in Daedunsan. Then, the subtle waft of coffee caught his attention. But, before he had time to appreciate how delicious the espresso smelled, his eyes caught hold of something far more important: the senior producers.

In front of him was a man and a woman, both looking like they were in their early thirties. They were smiling at him, which gave him the assurance that even if they rejected him, they weren't going to be complete assholes about it.

He bowed as he spoke, "Good morning Sir and Ma'am."

"Good morning." They greeted him in unison.

"Please have a seat here, Jungkook is it?" The woman gestured to the chair across from her.

Jungkook nodded his head as he proceeded to sit down.

"I'm Jong Miyoung. You can just call me Miyoung, nice to meet you." The woman spoke, outstretching her hand for Jungkook to shake.

"I'm Han Daehyun, good to see you." The man greeted him as well, repeating Miyoung's action.

Jungkook reciprocated the handshake with a smile.

"We'll go about this like any regular interview. So, for starters, your name and age, please?"

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, 22 years old."

"Jeon as in Jeon Corp.?" Daehyun asked as he squinted his eyes.

Jungkook frowned a little, he didn't know how to answer the question. He didn't want to accept Mr. Jeon as his father. But he also didn't want to lie to who could be his potential employer.

He organised his thoughts before speaking, "Well yes, the CEO of Jeon Corp. is my biological father but we're not in touch anymore."

"And why is that?"

"It's a personal reason. I hope you don't mind if I don't share it with you."

"Ah no, no. It's alright. I'm sorry, just a big follower of the stock market. And obviously, your father's company gives the most returns so." Daehyun spoke with a little laughter.

As much as Jungkook hated talking about Mr. Jeon, he smiled back at Daehyun too, just to create a good impression.

"Anyways, Jungkook, why do you want to work here?"

"Well to be very frank, it's obviously because I want to make money. That's the most simple answer and that's why I'm looking for a job. But, I want to specifically work here because I'm very passionate about music, be it just listening to music or making it. I've been singing since as long as I can remember. And if there's a possibility for me to make money while doing the thing I love the most, then that's perfect. The reason I chose this company is well, because you are the leading entertainment company in South Korea. And I've heard that you treat all your artists with dignity, unlike some other companies that I won't name."