Chapter 13: The Nation from the Lost Continent

"If we are not prepared to work hard for ourselves, then we deserve to be left behind."

- Mahathir Mohammad

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Inbound to Changi International Airport

March 6, 1640

Ever since their transference to the new world, the people of Mu had endured many hardships. From encroaching barbarian tribes wanting to pillage its territory, to pressure from other more advanced nations. But the one thing that its people could truly be proud of was its development of science-based technology.

The people of Mu had no magical powers that were unique to this world. They did not possess the ability to cast fire, nor could they enchant arrows to produce an explosive ranged weapon. They did not even have the ability to use healing spells to cure sickness and disease nor the ability to use the tears of the wind god to propel their sail ships.

All they had was their own wits and brains to help them survive, and survive they did. Their science-based technology was something to boast about when compared to other nations that had to rely on magic to survive. Some may even say that one day, Mu will surpass the Holy Milishial Empire when it comes to national power.

But that sense of pride was shattered twice ever since their transference.

The first time their pride was shattered was the opening days of the war against the Gra Valkas Empire to the West of the continent. Just like Mu, the GVE was a transferred nation and possess entirely science-based technology that heavily outclassed everything Mu could field, but despite that, Mu held the line against the oncoming GVE horde, albeit barely.

From the gutted ruins of Arue to the besieged capital of Otaheit, the armed forces of Mu had singlehandedly held the line that halted the GVE's armies...for now.

The second time Mu's pride in their technology was shattered is today as two propeller-less planes flew alongside the diplomatic airplane.

As the aircraft carrying Mu's diplomatic team bypassed Rodenius after refuelling in Altaras, they were greeted by extremely fast aircraft that zoomed past them, leaving a roar of thunder that caused everyone on board to almost panic. Now, those two aircraft flew side by side, escorting the diplomatic aircraft to Changi International Airport where USEAN diplomats will greet them.

What was supposed to be the sounds of the propellor engines bleeding into the passenger cabin have been overtaken by the sounds of the single Volvo RM12 turbofan engines of the two Jas 39 Gripens flying nearby. Technology Officer Myrus had his mouth agape and his eyes widened in awe as he carefully observes the propeller less plane.

His observations were interrupted when diplomat Neukaul tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

"So, what do you think Myrus?"

Myrus turned his head to Neukaul before shaking his head.

"We must tread carefully. What they have in front of us already exceed whatever the Gra Valkas Empire could bring to bear. The sheer speed of that aircraft coupled with no propellers boggles my mind. If they are just like the GVE, then our days are truly numbered."

"Hmmm, but if they aren't, it would be beneficial if they'd join the war as an ally, but I heard they just got out of a war with Louria, I doubt they'd want to jump into another conflict and one that's happening halfway across the world. Best thing we can hope for is some form of material assistance."

The two continued to observe one of the Gripens as their aircraft made its final approach for a landing.

...