Chapter 9: With a Whimper

Author's Note:  Short Chapter since I'm not sure what to write about since this is technically the end of the Louria arc and next chapter marks the beginning of the Parpaldia arc as well as the side arc of Operation Momotarou.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jin-Hark, Parpaldia Occupied Louria

February 8, 1640

The morning sun had just risen in the sky over the Lourian capital of Jin-Hark. The sight of red clothed soldiers was common in the capital as the Kingdom of Louria capitulated to the Parpaldia Empire's finest soldiers. In the sky, flights of wyvern lords, a superior species to the regular wyvern, flew unopposed as plumes of smoke billow from below as the fighting died down.

The capital itself was defended by three massive walls. But due to the war with USEA, only a small number of troops were present when Parpaldia began its attack, as a result, they were easily overwhelmed by Parpaldia's elite and veteran musketeers backed by wyvern lords, land dragons and towed magic canons.

Within the royal castle, blue curtains were stained with blood while shattered pieces of glass littered the hallways of what was once the home of a monarch that had come so close to unifying a continent. 

The very same monarch was now lying in a pool of his own blood as a Parpaldia musketeer pulled out his musket mounted bayonet from the King's abdomen.

Another musketeer walks up to him.

"So, did he have any last words?"

The musketeer shrugs his shoulders while cleaning his bayonet with a rag.

"Mumbled something about how his country was the first but ours will be next. Goes on and on about how he saw 'visions' or something."

The other musketeer chuckled for a bit.

"Heh, ramblings of a dead man."

The Parpaldia occupation of Louria had begun.

...

FOB Quebec 4, Qua-Toyne Principality

February 11, 1640

The sounds of metal beasts rumbling reverberated around the Forward Operating Base as elements of the USEAN Army were now preparing to mount the final assault to push the Lourian army out of Qua-Toyne territory.

Their objective, the first Qua-Toyne city to fall, Gim. Down to the south, a similar operation is scheduled to take place at the same time by the USEAN Marines and Free Rodenius Forces and together with the army up north, push the frontline all the way to the border with Louria.

The sounds of vehicles ranging from tanks to supply trucks were occasionally muffled by F-15ESs flying overhead to conduct bombing runs on the remaining Lourian garrisons that stand between the assault force and Gim. As the lead elements of the spearhead left the FOB and were passing by Ejei that was secured the week prior, they could see both the Qua-Toyne and USEAN flag freely fluttering in the wind atop the main Ejei castle, a sign that this was the beginning of a new era.

Several SSPH Primus Self-Propelled Howitzers were seen in the fields nearby, elevating their barrels into the sky before unleashing 155mm High-Explosive shells to whom it may concern.

...

Wedge formations of Leopard 2Ss and ACV-300s now dart across the vast plains of the Qua-Toyne frontier as they approach Gim. Overhead, F-15s were seen screeching away from Gim after dispensing the remainder of their ammunition on the Lourian stragglers that had taken refuge within the town itself.