chapter 36

Athena's POV:

"Are you sure you dont wanna skip with me?" Billie asked as she held my hands in hers. "Yeah, i gotta stick around if I wanna pass" I shrugged. "Oh well. See you at free period?" Billie asked pointing her index finger at me. "Duh" I chuckled and did our handshake.

Billie walked away and I entered the classroom and sat down. I felt the urge to pee as soon as I sat down which really bothered me. For some reason that always seems to happen.

I looked at the clock and saw I still had a spare 5 or 6 minutes before class. I grabbed my bag and left the classroom, heading to the bathroom.

I would leave my bag in the classroom but last time I did that, Julian and his friends dug through is and tried stealing a pair of my underwear. (I carry spares incase of a period accident.)

I went into a vacant stall, passing a girl who was on her phone. I did my business as fast as possible and flushed before leaving the stall.

I washed my hands beside the girl that was still on her phone. I guess she's skipping too? Right as I was about to walk out, I heard her speak.

"Athena, right?"

I turned around and faced her with creased brows. "Yeah, how do you know that?" i chuckled. "Eh, you're kinda famous in this school" she trailed off.

"Famous is a big exaggeration, I'm just well known" i shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah, you are" she nodded, "I'm Liz, Liz Chantman" she stuck an arm out for me to shake.

"Why are you being so proper? This isn't boarding school" I chuckled as I shook her soft hand. "I was just raised with good manners" she shrugged.

"So, I'm skipping as you could probably tell and I have nobody to do it with so you're coming with me" she said and took my hand.

"Woah, whoa, woah! Hold your horses liz gillies, I don't even know you" I said as she dragged me up the empty hallway.

"Look, all you need to know is im the same age as you, I like basketball and the show Atypical" she said as we entered the storage closet.

"Yooo you like Atypical too!?" I smiled as she closed the door. "Its my favourite show" she gleamed. "Mine too!" I smiled.

She plopped on the couch and I sat beside her, but at a distance.

"Tell me about yourself, Reyes" she said as she pulled her bag onto her lap. "Reyes? Why my last name?" i snorted.

"Its cute, suits you well" she nodded as she took her phone out. "Why thank you" I chuckled.

"Well, I'm an only child, my moms boyfriend looks like elvis presley and jessie from full house. When he enters the house I always shout "look alive, uncle Jessie's here!"' I laughed which also made her laugh.

"I'm also dating "The Billie Ellish"' I said in a preppy voice,

"I knew that I knew you from somewhere. Yall dated to get back at Taylor, huh?" She propped her legs up as she took a puff of her vape.

"What? No- how did you know that?" I asked genuinely concerned. "Oh come on, you and Billie never payed any attention to each other literally ever, even before she got kicked out" she snorted as she blew the smoke in my face.

"Fair enough. I didn't actually plan on catching feelings. She was paying me 30 dollars a week just to date her though, so I got bank and a hot girlfriend" i laughed.

She laughed along and pulled a bottle of polish vodka out. "We aren't about to pull an izzie and casey and get drunk in detention, are we?" I gave a slight smirk.