chapter 3

Athena's POV:

I sighed as I finished half of the day. Me and Tessa walked to the cafeteria for lunch. "Bro that billie chick has the most familiar face but I have no clue who she is" I said to tessa as the queue moved up.

"We were in middle school together dumbass" tessa laughed. "Wait, what?" I cocked a brow, "Remember that girl who had half of her head purple, that's billie" she explained. "Wait billie...as in billie eilish?" I asked. "No hillary clinton. Yes billie eilish" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Ohhh now I remember. How come I haven't seen her around before?" I questioned. "She literally kept getting suspended in freshman year, so her parents made her transfer. I guess she's back" Tessa shrugged.

"Shes lowkey fine now" I laughed. "Right? She had the best glowup" tessa laughed along as she handed her money to the lunch lady.

I paid for my slice of pizza and apple juice and headed to a table with my best friend. "Have you spoken to her at all?" Tessa queried. "Who?" I asked confused. "Billie"

"Oh, no not really. I haven't seen her in years so.." I shrugged. "Makes sense" Tessa chuckled.

"yo, Athena, get over here"

I turned my head and saw Billie. The last time we talked properly was like middle school, and she was just asking for an eraser. I stood up from my lunch table and made my way over.

"yeah?" i asked with my arms crossed. "How about you and me play a little game?" she licked her lips. "what game?.." i asked skeptically.

"30 Day Rule of course" she smirked.

"Whats that?" I cocked a brow. "Sit down and I'll explain" she patted beside her.

"What are you doing!?" Tessa mouthed. I shrugged and turned my attention back to billie.

"Bro we literally haven't spoken since middle school, why are you talking to me?" I asked as I sat down.

"Not true. You spoke to me in geography" she smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Explain. What is 30 day rule?" I asked waiting for an answer.

"Okay so you know Taylor. The short blonde cheerleader" she pointed at a table. "Yeah..." I said looking at her, "Shes literally the biggest pick me. Her only personality trait is being 5"2" I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Well she broke up with me earlier and I need to get back at her"

"You dated her!? How embarrassing" I threw my head back laughing, "Nah you can forget involving me in your little relationship" I said going to stand up.

She gripped my wrist tightly, her nude pointed nails digging into my wrist. "Ouch, what the fuck!" I grumbled. "Stay and just listen, please?" She tilted her head slightly and frowned.

I sighed, "fine. Continue" Billie grinned. "Well I will pay you 20 bucks weekly for 30 days if you pretend to date me. Its not real, just to get back at Taylor and make her jealous" Billie chewed her bottom lip.

I thought for a moment. I could do with the money. "Crank it up to 30 bucks and you've got yourself a deal" I smirked. I'm mainly doing this just to make Taylor mad. "Alright miss buisness woman. 30 it is" she smirked as she reached out her hand to me. I shook it.

"We have to act exactly like we're in a relationship. That means we kiss, we cuddle, you come over to mine, I come over to yours, we post eachother on insta and all that gross shit" Billie explained.

I scrunched my face slightly. "Fine" I sighed. "Man you don't even do that shit with taylor" mateo shook his head. "Shut the fuck up. You look like ketchup water" Billie glared. I snorted and turned away.

"We're starting tomorrow, so give me your number please" she gave a goofy grin. I looked at her for a moment, "Mmkay.." she handed me her phone, already on the 'create contact' screen. I punched my number into her contacts and added my name before sending myself "hi"

Athena
3539290023

The bell rung, indicating lunch was over. "Great, I'll see you tomorrow" she kissed my cheek and stood up. "You said we were starting tomorrow?" I creased my brows. "We are" she grinned and walked away.

I walked back over to a shocked tessa and my cold pizza. "I am going to give you 5 minutes to explain what I just watched"