chapter 35

Athena's POV:

"Thank you doctor lidiah" Billie smiled softly as she put her sunglasses on. "Its no problem at all. See you next week" she grinned. "Next week" Billie confirmed and I stood up.

"How'd your first therapy session go?" I asked as we walked to my car. "It was good, shes sweet" Billie smiled. "Well I'm glad you're going, you're very brave for doing so" I praised.

"Thank you, angel" she blushed.

We got in my car and I started up the engine before reversing out of the parking lot. "Can we get icecream?" Billie asked as I drove up the quiet road.

"Sure" I chuckled. "Lets go to that one icecream parlor where they sell that banging vegan sorbet" Billie said looking out the window.

"First off, never say banging ever again unless you're speaking of how good I fucked you" I said which made her widen her eyes.

"Secondly, are you even vegan. Because you ate that non vegan brownie Beatrice gave us on the Christmas trip a few months ago" I pointed out.

"Omg Beatrice I forgot about her. Ugh shes so cool" Billie gushed.

"But im like, vegan when I feel. But when I'm around my mother I'm 100% vegan cause I'm not tryna get my ass whooped" Billie pressed her lips into a line.

I laughed as we pulled into the icecream parlor, but my smile soon disappeared. "Of course its closed" I mumbled with a dry chuckle. I reversed out and began driving to the closest store.

"Where are we going?" Billie asked in a calm tone. Shes been so...mellow and calm since that therapy session. Its weird.

"Oh, just to the store to grab some icecream" I said as I pulled into the Target parking lot. "Oh okay" she nodded and took her seat belt off as I parked.

"Wait, baby" I stopped her from leaving the car. "Hm? She gave me her full attention. "Are you feeling okay?" I asked. She smiled and leaned into her seat.

"I am feeling GREAT" she said enthusiastically. "Good, im glad. Why are you acting as if you're high tho" I questioned. "I dunno" she shrugged and turned away from me, giggling into the door.

"Billie.."

"Yesss" she smiled.

"What did doctor lidiah give you, baby?" I puzzled trying to get her to focus on me.

"Hm? Oh, lots of stuff. She gave me a coloring book and and markers and a diffuser thing and it shot lavender stuff in my face!" She rambled.

"That sounds really cool, but did she like, feed you anything?"

"Did you ever notice how the 'G' on the target sign flickers every so often?" She asked ignoring my question.

"Billie, pay attention to me so we can get icecream, okay!" I said while clapping my hands softly to gain her attention. "Did she feed you something?" I asked again.

"Now that I think of it she had a box of brownies from another psyco patient so she kindly offered me one! Isnt she so nice"

"Oh my god" I facepalmed myself. "Did doctor lidiah have one?" I asked. "No she said she's tryna get skinnyyyy" Billie screeched.

"For fucks sake" I whispered under my breath. "Did you just have one?" I asked. "Nope, I had two" she smiled proudly. "Oh no" I whimpered.

"Billie she gave you edibles" I told her.

"Well duh! She wouldn't have given me something inedible like a playdoh brownie!" She cackled as she fell backwards into her seat.

"Oh my god, not that type of edible, the weed- you know what nevermind" I shook my head.

"Okay...well how about you stay here and fall asleep and I'll go get the icrecream, yeah?" I smiled. She turned to me and frowned, "nooo please let me come!" She begged. "Someone will break into the car and steal me" she whimpered.

"Trust me billie, if someone were to steal you they would bring you back immediately" I mumbled under my breath.

"Let me goooo with youuuu" she whined loudly.

"Okay, okay! Just behave in here, don't cause a scene because we'll both get in trouble, okay?" I held her face so she would listen.

"Yes ma'am!" She saluted. I closed my eyes and exhaled sharply before opening the car door. I ran to her side and and opened her door and took her hand.

She smiled and took my hand, swinging our arms back and forth aggressively. We walked into the store and I brought us to the icecream aisle that was packed with people as fast as I could. I wanna get out of here as soon as possible.

I let go of billies hand for a second and opened the freezer to reach for the icecream. As i did, I felt, and heard, a loud slap against my ass.

I gasped and turned around seeing billie with a cheeky smile on her face as she looked around. "Billie, no!" I scolded quietly. She giggled and chewed the arm of her sunglasses as I tried getting the icecream again.

"You like double chocolate?" I asked and turned around to her. "Yep" she grinned. Her eyes gave it all away that she's baked. "Put your glasses back on billie" I whispered in her ear sternly.

"You're so mean to me" she pouted and put her head down on my shoulder. "Im sorry, my love. I just want us to get out of here so you don't get in trouble. So let's go pay" I said and took her hand.

"Okayyy" she whined.

We walked to the cashier and I put the icecream down on the conveyor belt while taking out my wallet.

"Hey, lily" Billie read the cashiers name tag, "did you know I can fit 7 baby carrots in my mouth at once" she said proudly.

"Impressive.." the cashier chuckled.

"I bet i could fit 7 up my ass too" Billie said as she looked around the store.

"Oh god" i muttered. "Im sorry about her, shes on...special medicine" I lied as billie spun in small circles while looking at the ceiling.

"Its okay, i have a weird sister who collects teeth" the cashier made a grossed out face and handed me my icecream and receipt.

"Thanks" I smiled softly and took billies hand quickly. I dragged her to the car and got her in it, buckling her in.

I walked to the other side and sat down. I exhaled loudly and faced billie, "please promise me you will never, ever eat an edible ever again" I begged.

"So you want me to eat playdoh and inedible foods and die!?" She started crying.

I slammed my head into the horn and listened to it make the loud, obnoxious noise. "Lets go home" I exhaled.