Doctor Rowan Reaves

"I can do this." The woman alone in the elevator breathed through her mouth, trying to slow her steadily beating heart. Her thoughts were whirling inside of her head at the speed of stampeding horses. "I can do this." She repeated.

The elevator doors opened on the sixth floor and her resolve diminished. "I can't do this." She started to go back towards the elevator but the doors were already sliding shut. With her coffee clutched tight in her hands, she turned towards the offices.

"Sorry to bother, but do you know where Aaron Hotchner is?" The nervous woman stopped the Supervisory Special Agent on the way to his office. He looked her over for several moments before he responded.

"I'm Aaron. I assume you're Roanoke?" He guessed.
The blond gave a small nod. "It's just Rowan."
They shook hands. He motioned for her to follow and she obliged.
"We brief new cases every morning at ten o'clock. You'll start today." Hotchner told her.

"Today? You haven't even interviewed me. I came in for an interview, sir." Rowan felt the need to remind him. Was there any way her name had gotten mixed up with another's?

"Yes. You came in for an interview for the job and you received the job on the spot. Your credentials are admirable, miss Reaves, and you're now an asset to this team. Can you make arrangements to leave now?" He asked her.

After a moment, Rowan nodded. "I can."

She followed him inside the glass-encased briefing room. The team was already assembled around the table. "This is your team."
Emily Prentiss- an wise looking, dark haired woman.
David Rossi- an Italian man who seemed like he knew what he was doing. Rowan recognized him without the introduction: he was a best-seller author.
Derek Morgan- a very broad, dark skinned man that had smile lines around his eyes.
Jennifer Jareau- a younger blond who wasn't a profiler but equally as important.
Aaron Hotchner- the one in charge.

Penelope Garcia- a very eccentric sweetheart.
"Where's Reid?" Hotchner demanded just as a gangly young man entered. Rowan felt her breath catch in her throat and covered with a slight cough.

Spencer Reid- the one person to ever make Rowan blush by just looking at them.
"Sorry, there was a- a thing. I- uh, sorry." He stopped his rambling apology when he met eyes with the new profiler.
There was a strange and immediate spark between the two. Spencer couldn't look away from her eyes even as Rowan managed to turn her head back to the team out of embarrassment.
"Did you stay up all night reading about hair growth?" Morgan asked jokingly. Rowan picked up on the fact that, although Morgan was teasing Reid, there was no tension between them. In fact, there was no tension between Morgan and her despite her being the newest interruption in the flow of the team dynamics.
"Different chemical compounds in cigarettes, actually. Did you know there are over 4,000 compounds in every cigarette and-" A silky voiced finished his fact for him.
"And there are over 43 known carciogenic compounds per cigarette." Reid and Rowan hadn't broken eye contact. "Dr. Rowan Reaves."She introduced.
"Dr. Spencer Reid."
"Rowan, you're a doctor? You can't be more than twenty." Prentiss commented.
"I'm twenty-two," she corrected, "and having an eidetic memory helps earn your doctorate long before most are out of high-school." She admitted shyly. She claimed her eidetic memory like one would claim a fatal medical condition.
Reid's face lit up. "You have an eidetic memory?" He asked excitedly. At her nod he began to say something but Hotchner cut him off.
"We'll all have time to become acquaintances on the jet." He said abruptly. Both geniuses sat down at the table as Hotch and J.J. began to explain the case.
Several girls were reported missing in a small town in lower Alabama within a period of the last four months. After two weeks of being missing, the girls were found with similar signs of abuse.
There were no signs of struggle on any of the victims.
"Perhaps a sort of paralysis is used on them." Spencer suggested.
"He choked his victims?" Rowan questioned. There was a few papers rustling.
"This is just the beginning, Rowan. Can you handle it?" Hotch asked her.
All eyes fell on the new girl. She felt herself swallow and nod. "Of course." Rowan couldn't help but to feel a little excited over her first case. She also felt a little sick: something wasn't right. She blamed the sense of foreboding on her nerves.
"Wheels up in twenty." They were dismissed.