28~honeymoon

We got onto the plane a hour later, Dan wouldn't tell me where we were going. He took my luggage and never left my side.

"Dan, give me a clue." I said when we got to our seats on the plane.

"It's somewhere you have never been before." Dan answered. I sighed and the plane took off.

We played the sims together until I started to feel tired. It was a long flight. Dan saved the game and swapped the disc with a DVD. I put the seat down so I could sleep and Dan joined me. He put one earphone in my ear and the other in his. I put my head on Dan's chest as the doctor who theme tune started. I fell asleep before I knew what doctor it was.

"Jess babe." Dan woke me up.

"What?" I asked stretching.

"We are landing in an hour."

"So? Can I go back to sleep?"

"No, I know how moody you can get in the mornings so you are having your hour to wake up before we land so you can appreciate it."

"Ugh. Shut up." I put my chair straight and put my laptop on. I put my video up that I was in the process of editing and carried on editing it until we had to shut off electronic devices to land. When we got off the plane Dan clasped my hand. It was quite cold but not British winter cold, probably about 15 degrees Centigrade. Then I saw the sign 'welcome to Australia'

"WE ARE IN FUCKING AUSTRALIA DAN!" I shouted.

"I know." Dan laughed. "Come on." He dragged me to the terminal and we saw a man holding up a plaque 'Congratulations Dan and Jess Howell." I smiled and we walked to him. He took our luggage and we went to the taxi. He took us to the meriton serviced apartments and an assistant took our luggage to our room for us. Dan picked me up at the stairs bridal style and carried me up the stairs after the first flight we took the lift to the 28th floor. The room was gorgeous. The door opened to the living room. In the living room was a desk, a flat screen TV and a black loveseat. At the back of the couch was a table with black leather seats on the wall that the door was on was a black and red kitchen round the corner was a brown tiled bathroom opposite the bedroom. The bedroom had a double bed and a sliding wardrobe with mirrors over it all. There were full length windows all across the wall opposite the door. On the dining table was a basket. I went over to it and looked at the things inside it. There was light blue tissue paper underneath it that was poking out of the sides. On top of the paper was a bar of chocolate, some candles, a bunch of roses, a bottle of wine and two envelopes. One said 'Dan and Jess Howell' and the other said 'To Mr and Mrs Howell'. I looked at Dan and he shrugged his shoulders. I picked up the one addressed to 'Dan and Jess Howell' I opened it and inside were 5 vouchers; 2 for the price of 1 at the Lindt chocolate café Cockle Bay, 2 for any shop in the strand arcade and 2 bookings of the island at 5pm three days from when we arrived. I put them down as Dan picked up the other letter.

"Mr and Mrs Howell," he read out loud "we are delighted to have you staying with us. We hope you enjoy your stay and honeymoon. We hope that everything is to your liking. The room service menu and number is on the counter in the kitchen along with a surprise that your best man told us to include in the room. We shipped them all the way from Britain to get them here. If there are any problems at all don't hesitate to tell a member of staff. Enjoy your stay."

"What suprise?" I asked

"I don't know."

We looked at each other and ran (well we walked quickly, but ran just flows better) over to the kitchen. There on the counter was the room service details. I opened the cupboard above it and sitting there were about 6 boxes of maltesers.

"DAN!" I shouted

"What?" Dan asked

"MALTESERS DAN THEY GOT US MALTESERS!"

"HOLY JESUS MOTHER OF MARY!"

"Stealing Joe's stuff now are we Daniel?"

"Not stealing, just quoting."

I smiled and kissed him.

Then stuff happened. Stuff that you would expect to happen on a honeymoon.

For dinner we went to Quay restaurant. Dan had Slow cooked duck, cultured rice and barley, spring garlic, black garlic and I had Steamed pink snapper,
shaved southern squid, pink turnips, umami juices.

The next few days were uneventful. We went to the Sydney opera house, we went to various shopping centres and went out for dinner every night. On the 3rd night we went to the island and got a bit drunk. The rest of the holiday was spent seeing the sights. We spent a couple of days on the beach and once we had been gone for a week we went back home. It was the best trip I had ever been on and with my favourite person ever. Everything was perfect. I guess it wasn't meant to last.