11~Elsie

~3 days later~

It was the day of Elsie's surgery today and Dan and I were very scared for her.

"What if something goes wrong Dan?"I asked while we were waiting for a taxi.

"It won't." Dan answered, pulling me closer to him.

"But it could. She could die Dan."

"She wont Jess. You have to believe that."

"But it's hard to Dan."

"I know." He kissed me and the taxi arrived. We went in and told the driver the name of the hospital.

When we got there we went straight to the relatives room. Then I saw him. 

"Phil!" I shouted, he was walking down the hallway with... Kate? What?

"Oh, hey Jess." Phil greeted, hugging me. Kate gave me an evil look and I dragged Phil out of her earshot

"What are you doing with her? She cheated on you remember?"

"I remember, but she's having a baby Jess. My baby."

"That baby?"

"Well yes."

"Phil, that is not your baby."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed, I didn't want to tell him. I knew he would flip. "It's Dan's"

"What?"

"That baby is Dan's baby."

"No, it can't be."

"I'm sorry Phil."

"And you are still with him?"

"I need him. He's on his last chance though."

"Kate. Is this true."

"What?" She asked, walking to us.

"Is that baby Dan's?" She didn't answer.

"Phil..."

"Go."

"But Phil..."

"Get out!" Then she left.

"Right, lets sort this joke of a best friend out." Uhoh...

Phil stormed into the relatives room (Which was empty apart from Dan, Phil and I).

"Phil, whatt's-" Dan started.

"You slept with my girlfriend." Phil stated. Dan looked at me and I just returned the look.

"Phil..."

"Did you or did you not sleep with my girlfriend?"

"I-I I did and I'm so-" Dan was abruptly stopped by Phil punching him square in the jaw. I gasped and put my hands to my mouth. Dan fell to the floor and Phil paced around the room before kneeling next to Dan on the floor.

"Dan, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it." He said, helping Dan up.

"It's fine man, I deserved it." Dan told him

"Yeah you did."

"Dan and Jessie Howell?" A doctor asked. We went outside with him and went to a pediatric ward. He pulled the curtain back and there was Elsie, her brown hair was no longer there, instead it was replaced by a scarf wrapped around her head. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was open, revealing a blue tongue.

"Why is her tongue blue?" I asked

"The congenital heart disease." The doctor replied. I wen to her and kissed her forehead. Her eyelids flickered open and she looked at me with scared eyes.

"Mamma?" She whispered in the form of a question.

"Yes Elsie, Mamma is here. Everything will be okay now baby." I replied. I hugged her and Dan came over.

"Dada." She said, more confidently.

"Yes, I'm here too." Dan chuckled.

"Did uncle Jim come to see you Elsie?" I asked

"Yes and Tayn." She replied.

"She can go in a week or so." The doctor told us. "And I'm afraid that you need to go now, visiting times are over."

"Okay." I said

"Mummy and Daddy have to go now." Dan told her

"But we will be back before you know it." I told her. We both kissed her and walked out. We went home with Phil and everything was getting back on track. My life was now perfect and I loved it. Life couldn't get much better could it?