3-Girls night in

We walked into the living room to Nala running at Alfie full speed. He put my bags on the floor and stroked her.

"She'll explore more in a minute." Zoe told me

"She is so cute." I said. Zoe and I sat on the sofa and Alfie disappeared into his office.

"So, what film first?"

"How about... Lion king?!"

"LION KING!" Zoe got up and grabbed the DVD, she put it in the DVD player and sat next to me. She pulled a blanket over us and we watched the film with Nala in the middle of us.

When that finished Zoe got her nail varnishes out and we both picked a colour each. I picked coconut and Zoe picked a dark red. Then we made a chicken salad for dinner and ate it with Alfie. Then we went into the second living room and watched friends until the early hours of the morning when I got a text from Dan:

Elsie is all tucked up in bed. Night babe, love you xx

Attached was a picture of Elise in her cot. I smiled and texted back:

Night Dan, love you too xx

I carried on watching the TV and ended up sleeping on the couch with Zoe (A/N not in a weird way, like Zoe was on one side and Jess was on the other).

~Next morning~

I woke up because my phone was ringing. I looked at it straight away and saw that it was Phil. I answered it:

"Hello?" I yawned

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Phil asked

"Yes, but don't worry, I should be getting up anyway."

"Okay, I'm going to pick you up in a couple of hours because Dan is refusing to get up."

"Lazy idiot."

"Yeah."

"Okay, well I'll see you soon then Phil."

"Yeah, bye Jess."

I hung up and stretched, I looked at the time, it was 11:30. I got up and stumbled into the living room. I saw such a cute Zalfie moment. Alfie was in his trackies and Zoe was in a tank top and pyjama shorts. Alfie was hugging Zoe and playing with her hair. It felt like a shame to disturb them so I tried to creep up the stairs without being seen. Of course Zoe saw me.

"Jess!" She called

"Yeah." I answered

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I was just going to get a shower."

"Okay, Phil's picking you up in a couple of hours"

" I know thanks."

I grabbed my black jeans, black hoodie and Dan's black T-shirt with the white circle on the front (I borrowed it without asking) I really went all out with colour. I went and got a quick shower. I let my hair stay down and quickly blow dried it. By the time I was out Zoe was dressed in blue jeans and a red top with a maroon hoodie and Alfie was wearing a grey jumper and black trousers.

"Hey." I said

"Hello, breakfast?" Alfie asked.

"Um, yes please."

"What do you want?"

"What do you have?"

"Well we knew you were coming so we made some pancake batter."

"You guys know me so well."

I sat on the couch with Zoe and we just chatted until the pancakes were ready. By the time we had eaten and chatted the doorbell went. Alfie answered it and in came Phil. He had a blue top on and black jeans.

"Hey Phil!" Zoe said, hugging him.

"Hey Zoe" Phil replied "You ready Jess?"

"Yeah." I answered. I grabbed my bag and said bye to Zalfie. Phil took my bag and put it in the boot of the taxi and we left.

Once we got home I was hungry again and so we told Dan and Kate that we would be a bit late and stopped off at a small cafe for a cup of tea and cake. We got back to the flat at nearly 2. We unlocked the door, walked up the stairs and then I saw it...