Chapter 42

Rose burst into tears as intense pain went through her stomach and chest. "What's wrong Princess?" Victor asked as he stopped playing the piano. "Contractions again?"

"It's so bad," She sobbed. "Hurts worse."

"Okay Baby, I'm calling Doc," North said as he rubbed her back. "Doc she's having intense contractions. I don't get it, she's been on complete bed rest since four months, we carry her everywhere. Okay we are on our way."

"What's going on?" Gabriel asked coming into the room with some of her art supplies.

"Contractions," North grumbled as he wrapped her favorite Nightmare Before Christmas blanket around her and picked her up.

"But she's only 30 weeks," Gabe said dropping all her stuff in a box by the window.

"Doc said to bring her in," Victor said grabbing her headphones and fuzzy socks.

"Okay I'll get everyone and meet you there," Gabe said taking off down the hall while North and Victor headed out the door.

Sean met them at the door and sighed, "are they trying to escape again Pookie?" she sobbed and nodded her head. He frowned at how intense the contractions were showing on the machine.

"Sean my head hurts so bad and I'm dizzy," she whispered clutching Owen's hand and wrist. "I don't feel good Sean."

"Pookie?" he asked looking at her machine. He ran the wand over her stomach and frowned even more. He rushed out the room and came back and checked some other things. "Okay Pookie, we're going to have a C-section, you have preeclampsia and low amniotic fluid."

"What does that mean?" Kota asked.

"Her blood pressure is way too high, and it could possible cause organ damage if it stays that way. The fluid holding the twins is too low and it's not safe to continue this pregnancy," Sean said in complete doctor mode now. "I have to go check the operation room is ready."

"I'll call the Toma team," Nathan said grabbing his phone.

"I don't want surgery Owen," she clutched Owen's hand even tighter. "It's too soon Owen."

"I know Darling but it's not safe anymore for you or the twins," Owen held her gaze. "Everything will be okay, they will be okay, Sean will make sure of it."

"You called him Sean again," She whispered as her eyes got even wider. "You're scared."

"I am," Owen nodded. "I don't want to lose you or the twins, but I also have faith in Sean and the hospital staff in caring for you."

"Will you all be in there with me?" She asked scared.

"Yes Pookie," Sean said coming to kneel by her and Owen. "Dr. Roberts will be performing the surgery so I can be there as a father. He is also the best surgeon for C-sections so I would feel better having him perform in it anyway. Now we all have to go get our scrubs on and will meet you in there. Time to have our babies Pookie."

She was wheeled away to have her epidural and once she was in the operation room, she looked up to see all nine of her men in scrubs surrounding her head.

"Do we know what our Luna is having?" Dr. Roberts asked coming into the room and smiling.

"No, she wanted to be surprised," Owen shook his head.

"Okay, let's see what we are having," Dr. Roberts said after checking to make sure the epidural was working properly. "Well hello Baby A is a boy," He smiled and held up the tiny baby who was screaming. Rose burst into tears and beamed. He was past off to a nurse who went into a corner to start cleaning him up. "Baby B is a girl," Dr. Roberts called out and held up a crying tiny baby. "Okay time to... hold on."

"What?" Sean asked suddenly concerned.

"Well, hello there," Dr. Roberts said ignoring him, "Surprise surprise," Dr. Roberts chuckled, "Baby C is a boy" he said pulling a very tiny baby boy up to show everyone. The baby started crying and Rose looked at him in complete shock.

"Triplets?" Gabe asked equally shocked as Dr. Roberts handed him to another nurse that was called in.

"Actually," Dr. Roberts said pulling out another baby, "quadruplets, Baby D is a girl."

"Did he just say four babies?" Luke asked shocked. "Cupcake you had four babies?"

"What?" She asked not believing it herself.

"Baby you certainly love to surprise us," North chuckled shaking his head.

"Four babies?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes Luna you had four babies," Dr. Roberts said, "Now time to get you closed up and on way to recovery so you can see your four surprises."

"The Toma team is not going to believe this," Nathan chuckled.

"Let's surprise them," Luke chuckled.

"Certainly surprised us," Victor smiled.

"Four babies," She whispered and shook her head.

"Are you okay Darling?" Owen asked softly.

"Four babies Owen," she whispered. "We don't have stuff for four babies, Owen."

"It's Okay Trouble, I'm already on it," Gabe smirked typing away on his phone. She watched him type away then walk over to the babies where Luke was already going crazy taking a ton of pictures and Kota was documenting everything.

"We will make sure we have everything Princess, just relax," Victor said kissing her softly. "Thank you Princess for giving us our miracles."

She watched him walk over to the babies and Sean sat down by her head, "How are you doing Pookie?"

"I don't believe it yet here they are," she whispered. "I still had trouble believing we were having twins and now we have four babies. Are they okay Sean? Honestly, are they okay?"

"They will have to stay for a few days so we can monitor them but they are breathing on their own which is a great sign," Sean nodded. "They will stay in our room while you recover. They won't go to the nursery, I promise."

"Thank you Sean," She whispered as she fought sleep.

"Sleep Darling, we will stay with them, I promise," Owen said as he kissed her forehead.