Chapter 23

She shifted slightly and froze when she felt a grip on her tighten as if protecting her from slipping and falling off whatever she was laying on.

"Careful Baby," a gruffy voice mumbled and she tensed up. "How did you sleep?"

"North?" she whispered rubbing her eyes. She sat up, yawned, and stretched. She saw him smiling at her softly. "What?"

"Nothing Baby, youre just cute," he said kissing her forehead. "No nightmares?"

She shook her head, "No," she whispered and looked out the window, "Kind of weird not having Onyx checking on me."

"He can visit anytime you want," North said hugging her tightly.

"Breakfast Rose!" Ashley called from downstairs, "Or are you having the pizza I know you didnt eat last night?"

"Heres your hot cocoa Babe," Brandon said handing her one cup as she came down after rushing to her room to change.

"What are you eating Doll?" Axel asked handing her the other cup.

"Pizza," Rose mumbled as she got comfy on the living room floor.

"Here, I heated it up," North said handing it to her. "Sorry Baby but I have to go deal with some pack stuff. I will stop by once I am done if you want me to. My number is in your phone, call or text if you want. All of our numbers are in there now" She nodded and he kissed her forehead then left after thanking Ashley and the Toma team.