Chapter 13

"No!" She screamed as she sat up in bed gasping. Looking around in panic she finally realized where she was and started crying. She hated feeling this way. Taking a shaky breath in between sobs she heard a whimper and scratching noise. Trying to control her breathing she went to her window and glanced down. The black wolf was scratching at her door. Making her way downstairs she unlocked the back door, and the wolf slowly made its way inside. She knelt and it came up to her and licked away her tears. She wrapped her arms around him and started crying again. The wolf laid his head on her shoulder and just let her cry. Once she felt better, she gently kissed his nose and whispered thanks then stood to make some hot cocoa.

The wolf just sat there and watched her move around the kitchen. She then went outside and sat by the river. The wolf laid beside her with his head in her lap. Without thinking about it, she ran her fingers through his fur and sipped her cocoa.

"This was supposed to be my haven and my dream home and now it no longer feels safe. It was almost like this house was picked straight from my mind and I cannot enjoy it at night because of him. Its not fair Onyx."

The wolf raised his head and tilted it like it was looking at her in confusion.

She smiled softly then went back to looking at the water lost in thought, "I dont know if you actually will respond to names, but you need a name if you do. You are as black as the abyss so I will call you Onyx. You are my Onyx. Almost like those fairytale princesses that have pets. I was always envious that Jasmine had Raja the tiger, but I prefer dragons and wolves myself."

The wolf raised up and licked her face causing her to giggle a little bit. He laid back down and she whispered, "Too bad you arent a werewolf, and I could learn your human and wolf names," she whispered to herself, "too bad its not real and I was the mate to an alpha who could rescue me away from him. Too bad those stories arent real."

The wolf raised his head and tilted his head again in confusion and Rose shook her head, "I guess you would have to know who He is first before you could gain magical powers and make him go away huh?"

The wolf huffed and she shook her head and looked up to the sky, "Are you sure you want to hear the pathetic story of Marie and Robert, Onyx?" the wolf huffed again and laid his head in her lap as if he knew the touch would bring her comfort.

"My actual name is Marie Morgan, and I was the odd ball in town. Full town of normal people and I was the only Goth. I got the typical looks, remarks, and all that jazz that high school can bring. Then I met these six amazing people that accepted me for me. It did not faze them one bit how I was or give me looks about my obsession with Nightmare Before Christmas and Kingdom Hearts and Spyro and Final Fantasy or how I lose myself into all my different crafts. Ashley, Raven, Corey, Brandon, Marc, and Axel are the most amazing caring people in the entire world. We formed a little family, and I was finally shown love by someone other than my grandparents. I was happy to be away from my family that did drugs and make remarks about how odd I was and such, I was doing good with my new family. Then this guy showed up who dressed the same as me and treated me like I was his world. His name was Robert Michaels and I instantly fell for his trap. After a couple of months of feeling special, I started to see his true colors. He would start off making some suggestions on how I could improve my drawing or baking or sewing or something, then it would be waiting a little bit before we would get something to eat even though we had not eaten all day or look at other girls then act like it was no big deal because I am bisexual. Then he would try to change plans if I wanted to go see my family, or get mad if I would not cancel plans, then he would make snide remarks about my past drug use or cutting or make comments about needing to lose weight because I have gained some." The wolf growled and snorted in anger. "Oh, it gets worse Onyx unfortunately, the first time he hit me was because I came home late from the library and when accused me of cheating on him because he was following me, I later found out and he saw me talking to a guy. The guy was a sub, and I was just trying to make sure I understood our assignment correctly. Anyway, it continued like that for a while and while I tried to hide it from Ashley, and the guys but they knew. One day I caught him with someone else and tried to leave. Unfortunately, he told me I would never leave him, I was his Love and Baby Girl and no one else could have me. I do not remember much from that night, just trying to turn and leave the room and then it goes black. I woke up in the hospital a month later. My family helped me get a new name and found me my dream home and here I am. Unfortunately, he walked free because his family knows people and one day, he will find me and I will have to leave here, until then he haunts me in my dreams. Im pathetic huh?" She whispered as the shivered from the memories flooding her mind.

The wolf jumped up and licked her face all over. She giggled at all the kisses and wrapped her arms around his neck once he stopped. "Thanks Onyx, I feel lot better now. Where are your friends by the way? I havent seen them lately." Just then there was a soft howl and she glanced to see them in the distance. "You have to go dont you Onyx?" The wolf huffed and she nodded, "Thats okay go do your wolf thing, Im going back inside. Thank you again my protector," she kissed his nose and he waited until she went inside, and he heard the lock before he darted into the forest with the other two to disappear into the blackness of the night.