Chapter 25

(jump to few months ahead)

"Trouble?" Gabriel asked as he unlocked the door and walked in. He heard Linkin Park playing and he frowned wondering what was making her upset. The past few months have been good, and he still remembered the day she suggested they get a copy of the key to the house so they can stop by whenever or get something for her if she forgot it. It made him so happy she was trusting him enough to have a copy of the house.

He walked upstairs and gently pushed the art door open. There she stood in front of her easel with the brush raised but the canvas was blank. He could tell the paint was dry, which meant she had been like that for hours. "Trouble, everything okay?" he asked gently as he took the brush from her hand. He faced her and frowned. There were dry tear streaks on her face, "Whats wrong Trouble?"

"Its gone," she whispered half scared, half sad.

"Whats gone Trouble?" He asked pulling her into his arms. He could tell her muscles were stiff from being in the same position for so long, so he started rubbing her arms softly.

"Its all gone," she whispered against his chest, "I cant get it back no matter what I do."

Her inspiration is gone Cobalt told Gabriel Look around at the half paintings and started partially but did not finish. She has no inspiration right now and she is scared she will not get it back. Think about it, she has been pushing too hard to get back into her crafts that she is forcing something down. She needs to know that she can take it slowly and it is okay if she does not do something for a few days and it will appear in time.

"How about we take a break for a little bit Trouble?" Gabriel asked softly. "Maybe you just need to step back for a little bit and rest. You look tired, let us watch a movie, huh?" She nodded against him and he whispered, "Up Trouble" as he picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He carried her downstairs and sat down on the couch. He turned on Nightmare Before Christmas and rubbed her back until she calmed down and began to hum along to the songs.

Just as she was about to drift off to sleep the door burst open and she jumped but Gabriel tightened his arms around her to keep her in place. "Luke, Kota whats going on?"

"Were having cookie withdraws," Luke whined.

"Do you have any cookies by chance Rose?" Kota asked from the floor where they had collapsed rushing to get to the door first.

Rose giggled softly and pointed to the kitchen before nuzzling back into Gabriels chest. "What do you want to watch now Trouble?" she shrugged so he turned on Corpse Bride.

"Yeah, youre out of cookies now Rose," Luke said coming to plot down next to them.

"Shes asleep fuckers," Gabriel whispered kissing her forehead. "Shes slipping, she feels like she doesnt have inspiration right now."

"Why? I thought this was her dream house and loved being surrounded with all this nature and stuff. How can she not have inspiration?" Kota asked softly plopping down in the loveseat by them.

"Shes forcing herself to do something, according to Cobalt," Gabriel whispered. "She feels like she has to do some sort of craft so she cant see the inspiration around her right now. He thinks she just needs to take a break and not force herself and it will come back at the right time. We just got to get her to take a break somehow."

"What about giving her a tour of the land and pack?" Luke asked.

"She can be introduced to the pack without having the actual ceremony since she isnt comfortable with large crowds. Just walk her around and introduce her to everyone, they are already okay without having the ceremony though they hope to have one in the future, but they know she is not ready for that. They are okay with meeting her however she wants," Kota said.

"Thats a good idea," Gabriel whispered as he continued to rub her back and arms. "Maybe tomorrow I can convince her to look at the pack lands. Hopefully, she will feel welcomed and wont slip anymore."