11 | a party for six

Start from the beginning

"I can vouch for her." Pope adds.

"Hey, Ly, do you want another drink?" JJ asks, receiving a nod in response. "I'll pour some into your mouth, yeah?"

The blond keeps a hand resting upon Delilah's chin, lifting the already opened alcohol can up so that it briefly touches her pink lips. But only some of the contents is poured into the girls mouth in order to prevent the possibility of her choking on the liquid. Then, JJ lets go and removes his hand to lets Delilah swallow the alcohol, which only allows her to feel the burn at the back of her throat.

The other two boys have handed the rest of the cans to Kiara and Sarah, taking one for themselves. All of the boys move in their places to sit on the edge of the hot tub with so that their legs are able to dangle into the warm water. But cold liquid is suddenly flicked around in the air as John B throws one go the cans of alcohol down onto the ground. Loud cheers of pride erupt from all of their mouths — JB and Sarah had just shotgunned cans each.

Delilah reaches outside of the hot tub and grab ahold of the cardboard box that the cans were previously packaged within. She pokes two at the unopened end of the box and makes sure that they're wide enough to be like eyes of person. Then, the redhead rises to her feet in the water and places a gentle kiss on JJ's lips as his hand moves to her wait to hold her still.

"What's with the cardboard?" JJ asks.

"Hat of shame." Delilah replies, voice barely above a whisper. "That's for trying to be hot and pour the drink into my mouth that way."

"You thought it was hot?" JJ questions with a smirk.

"I didn't say that, Maybank." Delilah tells him as she fights back a smile.

At the sight of the smirk still tugging at the corner of the blond's mouth, Delilah playfully rolls her eyes in response to act annoyed. The cardboard is pulled down over the top of JJ's hand and completely hides his face, blue eyes being visible from within the holes she had poked through. A laugh is heard from under the box that only comes out slightly muffled due to the limited amount of space that is available.

"Is there any music we can play?" Sarah asks.

"I can rap." Pope offers.

"Go on then." John B challenges.

"I never made the grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool. They say I come in the party, and cause a commotion. I'm smooth. Yeah, call me lotion." Pope raps.

JJ was bobbing his head along (still in a cardboard box) as he was the one to beatbox a beat for Pope to rap to. But laughter just fills the air at the rap that was given to them for free. Smiles are etched onto their faces as they find themselves having more fun than they can imagine, especially with how the past events haven't been treating them all so kindly.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

The idea of being inside of the hot tub has been long abandoned now, multiple deck chairs set up upon the green grass. A controlled fire is in the middle of the circle of six teenagers after John B had lit it. The orange roaring flames have been providing warmth as time progresses further into the chilly night. A few cans and joints can still be seen held in hand, but the majority of the friends decided to either slow down or stop overall.

JJ and Pope have removed themselves from the circle of chairs and are currently play fighting with one another. At first, they had just been shoving at each other's shoulders to see who would be the first to stumble, but now they're properly grabbing onto clothing to play fight — JJ would argue that he's just teaching him how to fight. Suddenly, the blond boy crashes down to the grassy ground after Pope had managed to do a single-leg sweep.