chapter 12

"Melian , you shouldn't have killed him" he said.
"I did,because he was a useless aspect "I replied .
He massages his temple and sits down pouring his favourite whisky into a small glass.
"I've tried everything but you still won't change your mind "he said slouching into the chair.
"Give me a break alright ,Donovan I am not going to spell out what I do for the fifth time" I spoke harshly "you know what ?good night" I said slamming the door to his office.

When I got to my room I quickly changed and went to bed because the following day was the big day **

I woke up and freshened,as I did all of this i was mentally preparing myself for the day's activity.
The ball started at 6 meaning I had some time for my last activities

I exited my room and descended down the stairs. Everyone was in the living area.
I went to the woodland part of his estate .

I couldn't stop wondering what was going to happen at the ball.
I would love to die but I can't bare the thought of putting Don in a lot of pain.
I don't think I'll be able to face him before the ball.
I walk slowly back to the house.
Noone was in the house ,most probably they were preparing. I walked through the long hall and passed by Don's office and the door was wide open .
He looked up ,I swear I'd never seen someone so drained. I just couldn't gather up the courage to walk in so I passed .
Tears threatened to fall but I just wouldn't let them .I shook my head,the time of the ball was nearing .
I sigh as I put on the dress

"You look stunning "Luca said

"Where were you?"I asked.
"Around "he replied amd I nodded.
"Let's go then" he breathed.
"Where is Don" I asked .
"He is going to meet us there"
We strolled to the car in silence.
*******
Leo opens the door for me and Damien helps me out. "Thank you"
As I approach the doors they swing open.
The spot lights shone directly on to me momentarily blinding me.
I walked in .
Dave takes my hand .
"Hello my dear "he says and I smile.
"I would really appreciate

it if you answered "he said squeezing my hand violently.
"Hello"i said bluntly.
We walk in silence amd have a little small talk before the dance began.
"I didn't know you could dance so well" he said before twirling me around.
"Well ,you don't know me "I said.
"Trust me I do" he said leaving me confused before we changed partners. I paired with another before we swapped again.
I knew the person before I even saw his face.
"Donovan"i breathed.
"You still decided to come"he said looking at me with disappointment.
"We are not going talk about this "I said gritting my teeth.
I left him before the dance stopped.
I had to get this over with.
I snatched a bottle of vodka before taking a big swig .
I threw the bottle away.
"Hello "Dave said .
"Umm hi sorry I'm looking for the restroom" I said .
"Right this way Irene "he said pressing on the name.
We walked in silence.
I enter the rest room and wait for some minutes, before flushing and washing my hands.
"Oh you waited said acting surprised.
With that I knew everything was wrong but it was going according to plan.
"Do you want to go out its getting a bit suffocating " Dave suggested.
When we stepped out "Melian Valentino Heira"
I cringed at my second name but I made sure I got a hold of my gun on Time.
"You got me "I said .
"Working with my nephew to take me down I knew all along "he said before chuckling.
I tried to reply but he shushed .
"We could have been great together but you took the wrong side"he said angrily,he looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel.
All I heard was the gun going off,I didn't feel any pain but blood gushed out of my side.
I saw Dave walking back in before I fell to the ground.
I heard screams from a distance and I figured out that people had heard the gunshot.
They were part of the mafia but they still screamed.
I tried laughing but instead I coughed up blood.
I fell in and out of consciousness.
My vision went blue before focusing again, I heard the door open followed by multiple foot steps.
Someone lifted me and I winded from.the pain.
I looked up to see Luca running with me ,even though I expected to see Donovan I was still grateful .
I smiled at him, "dont you dare smile at me you let us down" he said .
"You and who?"I slurred.
"And Donovan "he said.
"As far as I am concerned I only let you down if he really cares he would be here" I said before coughing .
"Save your breathe "he said.
"He just got caught up,I guess" Luca faltered.
"Go to sleep,you need energy "Luca said and I instantly shut my eyes.
The last thing I heard him say was "dont leave me please "
I fell in and out of consciousness and I saw that the environment changed and we were in the hospital and I was being wheeled by nurse and Luca kept close by,when we reached the operation theatre he was stopped and that's when I saw him cry for the first time.
I fell into the darkness for good now and all I could hear was the beeping of the monitor.
Not edited👍