Chapter 7

I felt someone pull the blanket off while calling me "Mel,Mel"
"Shut the hell up or else I will cut off your fingers and tongue too and use it as a souvenir"I barked.
I heard the door close with haste .
Left alone in the room I began to think about yesterday's events . Everything came hitting me like a bus .I was getting attached to them which I shouldn't be doing but I just can't help it .I felt attached to Don which I shouldn't but I still can't help it again .I felt anger , I was livid when I saw Shivar sit on Don's lap but this is one thing that should not bother me because I'm just the assassin he hired. I smirked into my pillow for no specific reason and I got up brushed my teeth and went downstairs still in my PJs.
I opened the fridge took milk and poured it into the bowl of cereal I prepared again.Dynasty and Luca walk in ,Luca with a weird facial expression."What crawled up your arse and died"I said.
"You don't remember"he asked.
"I wouldn't be asking if I did"
"I entered your room to wake you up because the meeting started about ten minutes ago and Don was calling you but you said you would cut off my fingers and tongue too if I didn't so I just told Don and he left"he summed up his speech.
"Sorry bro girl needs her beauty sleep"I said as I stood up and gave him a hug "sorry will make up for it "I said and exited.
I took out my clothes and went for a shower. I quickly came out of the bathroom dried myself flat ironed my black hair and put on light make up
I wore my outfit and threw on some accessories a necklace and a black Rolex watch for men I bought because I liked it. After I was done I registered myself into the data bases as the daughter of a Mafia.

I speed walked out of my room as I called Don who said my car was in the parking lot

My jaw dropped instantly when I saw the car there .I thought he would let me borrow one of his but gosh this was amazing.I think it was shipped here this morning. Asia walked out also gawking at the beauty in front of us,then looked at me up and down ."don't even think about it"I said to him as I walked to the car and opened the drivers seat.

"don't even think about it"I said to him as I walked to the car and opened the drivers seat

The key was already in the ignition. I switch on the car and type in the address and drove there .When I got to the venue I tossed the valet boy the keys and walked in .I asked the door man if anything had happened but his reply was no .
I walked into the room and descended down the steps everyone seemed to stop doing whatever they were doing to look at me.'Gosh did I look that good,I know I did it myself"
As I got to the bottom I saw Don approaching me wearing a black suit.Our plan must work I thought to myself.
Don can and offered me his hand which I took ."Nice to meet you Mr ..."
"Mr Mani "he finished."I thought to myself from across the room that a beautiful lady shouldn't be walking around alone so I thought I would join you"he said as we passed his uncle .I'm sure he heard that ."By the way I'm ..."he cut me off.
"Irene Rivera ,I know a lot about you"he smiled "Sorry for your loss "he frowned ."it is okay "
"Anyways I would like you to meet my mother ,Mel we are nolonger in hearing zones"he said.
"Yeah I noticed noone is around where is your mom"I asked."Here" he wispers as we approach a lady with her back turned to us.
"Mother"he said and she instantly turned around. Clearly aging had rejected her.

"Mother ,this is Melian but call her Irene in public

"Mother ,this is Melian but call her Irene in public."he said.
"Donny ,You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend,she is so pretty makes me think of myself back in the day"she smiled and brought me in for a hug.I just looked at Don urging him to tell her who I was so that this wouldn't get any weirder. A waiter walks by with a trey of champagne and I grab myself a glass 'oh this is going to be interesting'i mentally said with a smirk on my face. I took a sip of my champagne too. "Donny ,I'm guessing you didn't tell mum who I was"I spoke in a amused manner.
"Don't tell me this is your baby momma or something"She scowled.I chuckled,"Mother this is the assassin I was talking about"he said.
"That's new ,sorry for the misunderstanding"she said.
"No, problem ma'am just happy to help"I said.I then spot Dave approaching us and Donovan stiffens beside me."Hello ,what a pretty lady you are ,your name is......"
"I'm Irene Rivera but you can call me Miss Rivera"I said with a devilish smile on my face , obviously thinking killing him would be a blast.
"Feisty aren't we ,Miss Rivera well I'm...."I cut him before he finishes.
"The great Dave Mani ,heard a lot about you from my father"I said.
"Only good things ,I suppose"he says and I smile at him while taking a sip of my champagne.
"and where is your father?"
"Some place better"I responded curtly.
"I see, mother..."he asked.
"Same place"I said in a nonchalant tone.My parents death was still a touchy story.
He looks behind me "well well well Freya wonderful meeting you isn't it"he said.
" The feeling is not mutual"Freya replied .
"Ah still think I killed my brother?"he asked and she kept quiet and I saw a stray tear escape "Dave.......is it"I said .
"Yes"
"Leave her alone and accompany me to the bar and maybe introduce me to several others "
I said.
"You know I'm old enough to be your father"he said.
"Does it look like I care and what have you got to lose"I retorted adding"you basically own the government besides it's not like I'm asking you to do something that is inappropriate , introduce me to people then bam done"
"Why didn't you ask Donovan here?"
"He seems boring and I thought we should give him time with his dear mother"I said.
"Shall we ?"Dave asks.
"Sure "I say as I walk away with him giving Don a last look which he returned with a curt nod.
"Well Irene tell me a little about yourself"he asked .
"Besides being an orphan there is nothing to tell"I replied and ordered their strongest scotch .
"Are you sure you can take that ?"he asked with a little doubt
"I'm up for anything"I say as I down the whole glass.
His phone rings and he excuses himself.
I stand up and go looking for Freya and Don and I see them sitting at a table.
I join them "miss me"I said.
"Hardly"Don replied sarcastically.
"I'm hurt ..........just kidding ha"I say smiling.
"Freya I am so sorry about what happened earlier"I said.
"You are not the one to blame"she says with a weak smile.
"Aahh back here again"Dave says from behind me,I roll my eyes.
"Yes was just asking Don if I could crash at his until the party"I said.
"No probs "Don replies.
"Sorted then,I must leave "I said.
"Same here I could lead you to my place"Don says.
"Sure"
His uncle and mother watch the little exchange.
"Good bye "I said hugging his mother and giving his uncle a handshake which he pulls me in for a hug and rubs my back .I shiver in disgust.
I smile and walk away with Don and his mother.
"I'm going to scrub myself when I get to your house" I said and added"this bloody idiot took it to another level"I said and Don and his mother chuckled.
We walked to her car and as she got in "I would like to meet you later on maybe tomorrow"she said to me eyeing Don.
"Uhh definitely"I said.
"I think I should get going now"she said .
I was about to walk away when Don said"I'm coming with you my car has already been sent to the house"
"Okay "I said as I walked away.
"Give me the keys "he said.
"No I'm driving"I say as we approach the car.
"No you're not",
"Yes I am "I said as I sat in the drivers seat.
He rolled his eyes "fine"he groaned and entered the car.

~~~~~~~
Hello once again ,I just wanted to thank you for reading my book and supporting as well.
Please vote ,share and follow.
I might not be able to have consistent updates because of School work .
Once again thank you
Bye
Stay safe