In some ways, things have returned to normal

THERE ARE LOKI SPOILERS IN THIS CHAPTER!!

-

Bright.

Everything went white for around five seconds before returning to normal; Loki, Wong, and Strange were still in their current reality, but the rest of the X-Men squad had vanished. Loki remained in his stance, still holding Peter before he disappeared, when he realized that Peter had gone he sighed in a perplexed tone before resuming a regular posture with his hands.

''Well'' Loki sighed and turned his head to Strange ''where are they now''

''Hopefully, they, as well as Wanda, are back in their current reality. I suppose free will still exist, but the cosmos will be rebalanced in some way.'' Loki stood in the position, froze for a second, Strange huffed as he turned his head to Loki. 

Loki then collapsed slowly in a kneeling position with two hands on his face, he then sat in a suitable stance and got the thought in his head that he needed to get out.

''Strange'' Loki sighed, and Strange responded with a bewildered expression "yeah?"

''Do you believe in free will? Are you certain that no creature, such as Kang, would be able to rule us again?" Loki sniffled as he shifted his ring in front of his face; he was terrified, of course, he was; was there such a thing as free will?

''It depends; do you think it's true? So far as I know, there isn't a being that will chase us down as Kang did." In the backdrop, Wong said

Loki recalled events from a few months ago when he and Strange fought Kang shortly before Wanda's accident, and Sylvie turned into another path during the battle and returned to her current reality, which crushed Loki a little because Mobius had forgotten who he was and how he was alone once more after Sylvie betrayed him for the second time in the battle. 

They only had one last idea, which was to convince Wanda to stop other universes clashing and crashing into one another, which succeeded. Surely enough Kang had been imprisoned in time and his other variants were no longer a major threat anymore so free will was an option.

Loki had something on his mind

''So..'' Loki paused

''So what?'' Strange added while Loki stood up from his sitting position to walk up to Strange in a not so close approximation 

''Could I really go back to Thor in this era without being hunted or chased by anyone?''

''I don't think it will be an issue now that free will is a thing; no nexus events will be formed again," Strange smiled softly in a reassuring way.

Loki smiled softly as he realized he could return to his brother without facing any consequences. He reached for Strange's hand for a handshake, and Strange accepted Loki's hand and returned the shake. "Thank you" Loki grinned.