Could it be true.. it wasn't him?

~~~~~~~~~At the layer~~~~~~~~~

It was dim, dusty, with spiders crawling up the walls, and the storm was getting louder and louder... Peter and Erik, on the other hand, had nowhere to go. They tried everything; Peter's super-speed and strength to slow down time, Erik's ability to bend the prison bars...nothing worked.

''Dad stop we tried everything, we should rest'' Peter comforted his Father while he had his left arm on his Father's shoulder.

''I guess you're right, go sit you must be tired''

Erik sat down on the ground with Peter beside him, they basically failed and gave up on getting out, it was impossible. ''I'm so sorry Dad'', Peter sniffed while his voice slightly cracked, Erik turned his head around to see Peter hugging his knees while tears started to fall from his face.

Erik tried to reassure Peter while sitting closer to him ''Wh- what? Peter you don't have to b-''

''DAD STOP'' Peter shouted to his father while Erik stood there with his eyes wide open and unsure on what to do. ''I- I'm sorry okay?! It's my fault, I led you to the alleyway, we didn't take the car with us, I- I just..''  Peter was able to continue his confessions before breaking down in tears; he had never cried so hard in front of others, let alone his father.

''It's just that... I needed you, I know that you never knew which I don't blame but, I was just so jealous of the other kids with their father and you were never there, no one guided me with my powers and I just felt so lost....and now when You're finally here with me and I get to spend time with you, all of this happened. I just never seem to do the right thing and it always ended up a disaster, I'm sorry I-''

Erik hugged Peter as tightly as he could to make sure that he feels better, ''Peter sshh, heyy.. I'm so so so sorry I was never there for you, I never knew, I know that it might take a long time for you to forgive me but just so you know I love you so much after I lost my family I felt alone, lost and endless nothingness, and after you came to my life the joy I had a very very long time ago has come back''

Erik held his hand on his son's shoulder and starting rubbing circles to calm him down ''And no it was never ever your fault, you were concerned for someone who might be in danger, and even though that didn't end very well you still cared. You cared for everyone....especially Wanda.'' Erik chuckled and continued.

''She basically threatened you and locked you up in her house because of her loss and confusion, but you helped her. You. Be proud of yourself, you have such a beautiful soul, you're a pain in the ass sometimes, you're energetic and that's why I love you...it's not your fault, look again I'm so sorry and know that you are enough.

With tears welling up in his eyes and a smile on his face, Peter turned to face his father. He didn't know how much his Dad cared for him that much. ''Y- you really mean that?''

 ''Y- you really mean that?''