35. Dr. Adi...get well soon

Start from the beginning

According to shocked plus a little bit of alarmed and scared Dr. Roshni's statement, she found him in his flipped-over car and no other accident vehicle. Based on further questions, they concluded with two possibilities 1) It should be a hit and run case 2) planned accident to murder him. That rephrased my mind towards Dr. Adi's statement to someone on a call last afternoon in the laparoscopic diagnostic room.

Oh! do whatever you can, I will never let you separate them. Not until I am alive.

In other words, someone tried to expunge Dr. Adi from them's life forever, to whom he was trying to shield. Maybe I would have extracted further information from him if Dr. Roshni wouldn't have interrupted us, earlier

"Ishika!" a hand on my shoulder along with a chill and unnerve voice yanked me out of my envisaging. "Take Roshni to your hostel!" I glanced at Dr. Roshni then at the woman who sat with her palms clamped around her head, elbow resting on her knees while her sit-upon nicely landed on the waiting chair, the only over-acting sorcerer, the necromancer Chaya.

It's not like I hadn't observed Dr. Roshni's condition. It's not like I hadn't given a thought to take her to my hostel and get her clean up. I wanted to do that but there was a forecast of what if's playing, replaying, and re-replaying like a repeat telecast constantly in my brain.

What if I go and that sorcerer in name of sorrow hug him? What if she takes advantage(like a kiss) of him in my absence? What if 'them' Dr. Adi was referring, turned to Dr. Ishaan and me? What if the reason behind Dr. Adi's present condition is she, only?

What if's jammed my brain like how vehicles jammed Dr. Roshni's car in the traffic jam, one after the other. And my answer to them is to wait until Dr. Adi regains the consciousness.

Nonetheless, I trust the man I love...

"Yes! I was thinking the same!" I replied calmly and hugged him. "We will be back soon, just take care. Okay!" I pecked his cheek to observe the sorcerer's reaction. I detached from him and then Sorcerer-Chaya opened her mouth...

"Will you mind if I come with you!" Though it was not a correct time, place, or situation... my heart pivoted on that... at least the heaviness of what if's I have been carrying will be lessened if I take her with me.

*********

"I long for him to get well soon!" Nisha wished, "we have an excellent team of doctors, he will be fine. Don't worry!" and tried assuring me with her words and hugged me. She was the only woman with whom I shared my grieve as I felt at the present moment she was stronger mentally than me. "Did you eat anything?"

"No. I don't feel like eating!" tears streamed out, pondering about Dr. Adi's condition. My mind captured the image of him sitting unconscious with full of bloodstains in Dr. Roshni's passenger seat of a car. It hurts...it hurts to watch a jovial man in that awful condition.

"Ishika! Please stop crying!" she whispered against my ear. "You can't get weak, you have to take care of Dr. Ishaan!" I nodded. She continued caressing me that comforted, calmed, and soothed me. "Is she really in distress for her husband?"

"Sshh! she can hear us!" I shushed her and peeked inside of our hostel room. Nisha and I stood in front of our room, in the hallway chit-chatting for the last fifteen minutes. And for the last thirty minutes, Dr. Roshni was busy under the shower, she smelled full of Dr. Adi's blood. While sorcerer sat upon my bed in the same position as she sat outside the operating room.

What she might be upset about?

That her husband met with an accident or a regret that her husband was brought to hospital in-time before he sustained some unpleasant complications or even worse.