10. Argument

"What happened?" Dr. Ishaan asked the patient's attendee. The patient was an 18-year-old boy with a stringy body, a square-shaped face, and shaggy hair. The attendee was his father.

"He was complaining of lower abdominal pain on the right side. We went to the local hospital, they asked to do few tests." Next, he handed lab reports and CT-scan abdomen film to Dr. Ishaan. "He even had a few episodes of vomiting," he informed. The whimpering patient kept his hands on the lower abdomen and was wincing by rolling on the bed. Dr. Ishaan did his examination and went through all reports. 

"It's appendicitis. He needs to be operated on with an emergency appendicectomy." He informed his father. 

"B-but.Doctor..." the patient's father hesitated. "Even... the local hospital d-doctors said the same."

"Then. Why didn't you..." Dr. Ishaan cut off. It can be judged with the attire of the patient and his attendee that they belong to low socioeconomic status. "Surgery is important, it's already quite late. If you agree, I would like to pay his bills," Dr. Ishaan offered.

"T-thank you s-so much d-doctor," the patient's father jumped in ecstatic and smiled at him with tear-filled glimmering eyes. 

 Next, he called the ward boy. "Take him for scanning. I need reports within fifteen minutes." The ward boy did as he ordered.

By the way, Dr. Ishaan Sharma you are kind and courteous to your patients.

A few minutes later, I got a kick on my elbow, I shifted my gaze from the ECG report of appendicitis patient to Sudhir, one who kicked me. "What?" I snapped at him.

"Don't you think, they both are getting too cozy?" He whispered, I narrowed my eyes and raised my brow. With his eyes, he gestured towards the opposite direction, where Dr. Ishaan was discussing the CT-scan abdomen film with Dr. Chaya. To state it, I didn't find them being cozy.

"They both are colleagues, Sudhir. So, relax." I whispered.

"But. They can maintain a proper distance and speak, right!?!? There is no need of Dr. Chaya to touch her shoulders with his." Huh! he and his low-grade love feelings and non-sense jealousy. My eyes zoomed, that contacted part of theirs, the right shoulder of Dr. Ishaan and the left shoulder of Dr. Chaya. Hmm...If I also see them with Sudhir-interpretation-eyes...Then. Yeah, they are getting cozy. Oozy. Suzy.  And a sting of burning sensation took birth at some corner of my heart.

Sprinkling salt over that burning area, Sudhir guessed, "What if, they both are dating?!?" Then I will bang my head with the nearest wall. I glared at Sudhir who, in turn, stood glaring at them. Because of this stupid man, I am not only implicating a jealousy feeling but also apparently getting attracted to Dr. Ishaan Sharma.

Dr. Chaya asked some doubt to him and added pepper on that burning area, by placing her palm from behind on his shoulder. The strongest-est-est ray of rage rose in my blood, "why this man is getting too much cozy with her!?!?" I whispered with gritted teeth.

"Ahh...Um... What?" he narrowed his brows.

Control. Ishika. Control.

"Hmm...remember I am your best friend. Your pain is my pain!" I riposted quickly and he smiled, with a courageous friendly smile, and slightly squeezed my hand.

"You are a true friend!" he remarked. Great. Loon numbskull concurred with me. Manipulating men is very easy than baking a cookie.

Dear me, Tick-Tack! Rat-a-tat! Put-put... Remember statute to ignore him. 

But my glaring eyes don't want to avert their glaring gaze away from that contact-shoulders of theirs. Finally, she got a call, parting away from him, she went to attend it. A minute later she returned.