25. Love no! lustboy...

It was not that hard...I can even be a very personal investigator...

One hand with a plastic cup of hot chocolate topped with thick cream, and the other hand with a Surgery jumbo-size textbook, I ambled straight to the secluded table situated at the sequestered spot of the library. The only work I had for that day was making ward rounds. That took hardly three-four hours then I did my ritual of the afternoon, 'doing lunch with Dr. Chaya'. I had no idea what's going on with her and why she was being amicable with me. I tried ignoring her but she called me and requested as she wants to feel light-hearted with all my jests and humorous nature. I have another amusing profession to add to my resume, as a Jester. 

After lunch, I went to all wards and took pictures of doctor's notes from case sheets written by my co-workers and senior doctors. I even went to one of the ortho wards to captured Sahil's handwriting, the primary suspect of my case. And also to O.T. for Harsh's handwriting.

I took out the first sloppy written warning letter of my well-wisher from my apron pocket.            'People don't seem like they pretend to be...Give a thought before you get close to anybody. Your Wellwisher.'

So, my task was simple, compare this letter with all the pictures I have captured on my mobile...  

I clicked on the first pic it was of Sudhir's crabbed, untidy handwriting same as his face, my second suspect...I worked for three-four minutes intermittently taking sips of my hot chocolate while scrutinizing, inspecting, and comparing each letter to that of Sudhir's handwritten doctor's note.  

After full five-minute exertion of my eyes, I concluded it was not his. Though my well-wisher has cramped, sloppy handwriting at least it was a lot better than Sudhir's. Nasty fellow!

The time kept passing, kept me occupied with my work...I was left with Dr. Gautham's, Dr. Chaya's, and Dr. Ishaan's handwriting comparison while other's handwriting didn't match. Not even Harsh's. After doing an intense eye scanning and comparing for a couple of minutes, neither Dr. Gautham nor Dr. Chaya got in the probability of my wellwisher suspicion. 

At last, only one person was left, Dr. Ishaan. For some reason, I felt the ceasing of my heartbeat for that matter of second when I kept his handwritten doctor's note and that letter side by side. I zoomed out that picture and was about to inspect... the thrilling voice of Sahil interrupted me, hastened my reflexes to crumble that letter before shoving it in my apron pocket with one hand and other to off my mobile screen my gaze held on his face. I smiled at him, opening the Surgery textbook. 

"Ishika! I thought I will never see you in my life," he taunted with a smile revealing all his teeth before making himself comfortable on an empty chair beside me.

"Oh. Quite... busy with work." 

"Yeah, I can see..." he said glancing at my book, "...you are a book leecher. You suck the knowledge from books like leeches suck the blood from the human body."

"Oh!" I chuckled, shaking my head. "Seriously...it's nothing like that. I keep myself occupied with books." 

"So occupied... that you keep forgetting the dinner dates!" he mocked, raising one brow while his face plastered with one charming smile, he always has on. 

"Sahil, I sincerely apologize for that. I am sorry."  I was keen to pry about his fiance since I had been receiving those mysterious letters. "Did you get any news about your fiance?"

"No!"

"You have any suspect. I mean maybe...she might have shared about any person following her  or threatening her..."

"Nothing. She didn't share anything." All of a sudden the color drained from his face, gaze held strong on the book kept open in front of me. "Actually, she never spoke openly with me. Even working in the same hospital, we never at least had coffee together...she used to avoid me. I presume she might have loved...someone else."