Arranged Marriage || 32

[ - joshua - ]

After we've made sure everything's ready for our honeymoon, it's finally the day to visit the place we've planned to do so. I'm really looking forward to it since I could finally relax and rest. It had been exhausting for both of us. Also, I really wanted to get to know Sophia better so I guess this is really the time to do so

We've already packed our stuffs last night so all we have to do today is leave the house afterwards.

Sophia was looking forward to it and I was too. Come to think of it, this is the first time I've ever seen her being really excited. I guess she must've loved it there.

It was around 10 hours flight or something until we've arrived at our destination. We've already booked our hotel so all we had to do was check in. It was more to a hotel apartment. I guess Sophia is just not the type to share rooms with people. She herself is really private about her life and of course I don't mind about it.

Sophia was resting in her room and I was resting in mine. I don't really want to disturb her since she seemed really tired. As long as she's resting well now, I don't think I have anything to worry about.

After hours have passed by, it was nighttime already. She told me she had already reserved a spot in a restaurant so we didn't have to worry much about dinner. She's really well prepared huh

I got ready for dinner. Well it's not really a fancy dinner, just a casual dinner for both of us. Neither of us like the idea of a fancy dinner. It's kind of bothersome anyways. Plus, it's more comfortable eating at a normal place anyways.

The door to my room opened, revealing Sophia wearing an oversized sweater and straight cut jeans with a small handbag.

"Come on, let's get going" said Sophia

"You go first, I'll be by the lobby soon" I said to her

"Alright" she replied

"Don't take too much time, I've ordered a cab" she added

"Alright alright. I promise it wouldn't take long" I said to her.

She left shortly after and I switched off my laptop and left the apartment after locking the door. I went to the lobby by the elevator and joined her shortly after. We waited for our cab to arrive.

To kill the time, I decided to do some reading online. I'm not really the type to go through social medias after all.

The cab arrived not that long after that and we went inside the car. It took like 20 minutes drive before we arrived at the destination. Sophia paid for the ride since she insisted so I told her I'd pay for the food.

We got into the restaurant as one of the workers got us to the table Sophia reserved. We were just chatting like usual. Ever since earlier, she have been in a really good mood so I guess Sophia is just really happy to be back in her own hometown. It makes my heart warms when I see her this way. After all, she have always been serious and stressed.

Both of us ordered our food and decided to just talk like we usually do. Sophia was talking a lot about her hometown and just by seeing her all excited and happy just makes my day even better. Seeing this genuine smile of hers, seeing how happy she is are just refreshing for me.

When we were just talking about our childhood life, suddenly someone called out Sophia's name which led both of us to turn to the right which is where the voice was coming from

"Oh lord it IS you Sophia !" A guy in their 40s or something greeted her

When I saw Sophia's face, fear was written all over her face.

"How have you been ?" He asked her with a smile and Sophia just smiled awkwardly

"A-ah, I-I'm doing great !" Sophia forced out a smile, she seemed really uncomfortable

"Oh ? That's good to hear ! Maybe you'd want to come over to my house later ?" He asked her that and  Sophia seemed terrified. At this point I can't just watch.

I coughed which caught both of their attention

"Excuse me sir, who are you to ask out my wife to come over to their house ?" I asked

"Oh ? You're married already ? Why didn't I know about it ?" he turned to Sophia

"It was a private event that's all" I replied instead of Sophia

"Well there's nothing wrong to come by your uncle's house right ?" he asked Sophia

She glanced at me asking for help

"We're on a business trip, so I'd like you to maybe give us privacy ??? We have to discuss a lot about our works" I said to him and I could tell he's quite pissed off

"Well, I'd see you around then my niece" he pat her shoulder lightly which caused her to flinch

He left shortly after and I really need to understand what's happening and why she's like this, but maybe when we're back at the apartment.

Our foods arrived and we decided to eat and brush off the event that happened earlier. After I paid for everything, we went straight to the apartment. Sophia's facial expression still portrays fear. Why is she really scared of her own uncle ?

Sophia headed to her own room while I head to mine to change first. I'll probably go to her room in another 20 minutes or something. I gotta give her some time to clear up her mind before adding another stress for her.

I hope everything's alright.