Arranged Marriage || 31

[ - sophia - ]

The day went on well. Neither of us brought the topic up for the whole day and focused on our work. I witnessed Joshua breaking off contacts with Ella and it was kinda satisfying for me. Though I kinda felt bad but she have had it coming.

Knowing her, she'd seek revenge but let's just hope that's something she wouldn't do. I don't even know if she loves either of them. But even if she does, it was wrong of her to two timing them.

Joshua was still upset. I mean of course he would, he trusted her. I don't really have a say in this so I didn't wanna interfere.

A few months have passed. Both me and Joshua are really happy with our lives and I know well that I'm falling for him more and more. Not that I mind since I truly love him for always being there for me.

Despite us getting close, I still can't bring myself to open up to him and I know that situation itself is bad. It's almost reaching two months by now, but I really don't know how to tell him about my trauma.

He's really patient though. He have never asked me about it. He respected me a lot and... I'm really glad that he did. Though, I'm not sure if he actually feels the same way as I do. I mean, who knows. Maybe he's seeing another person ?

Again, I don't mind since he have never clarified that he likes me and sees me as an actual wife. That's why I've never minded. I wouldn't think of him cheating on me since our feelings weren't mutual. I respect every single one of his decisions and privacies so I wouldn't question anything about him.

Him seeing me as somebody close to him is already more than enough for me. I wouldn't ask for anything else. I'm just happy that we are in good terms with each other.

Both of us were working like usual until we suddenly received a text message that we'd be having a dinner by my parents' mansion. This is kind of out of nowhere but neither of us questioned it. They probably wanted to hang out with us since we never had enough time to drop by to visit them.

Time passed by rather quickly, we are now having dinner with both of our parents. We had a great time together as a family. My in laws are really welcoming of me and my parents are welcoming of Shua.

"I've totally forgotten on how long you two have gotten married. Come to think of it, I'm sure you two haven't went on a honeymoon yet" said Joshua's mother

"Yeah, neither of us have the time to plan anything" said Joshua

"Then why don't you let us plan ?" Asked mom with a smile

That's when something inside me SNAPPED.

"Mom, maybe both of us should plan it this time ?? I mean it's our honeymoon after all" I said to her as I sounded a bit timid

Of course she doesn't seem to like the idea. She LOVES controlling other people's lives and it's making me exhausted already.

"Sophia's right mother. We may be busy but we'll be planning it soon !" Joshua backed me up

"B-but--"

"Mom, please ?" I pleaded. It was the first time I've ever pleaded in front of her. I'm sick of following EVERYTHING she asked me to. Since I know Joshua would back me up, I feel less tensed.

Mom was quiet speechless tho.

"Well... Just inform us when everything's done" said mother and both of us nodded

Tomorrow would be our day off so we're staying here tonight. They've prepared a room for us. Well this would be a second time that we're going to sleep together.

After we were done with eating and catching up, I went straight into the room to rest after a long ass day today. It's exhausting...

I laid down on the bed as I played on my phone. I'm just really in a bad mood and it's just annoying in a lot of ways.

Joshua then entered the room

"Thanks for backing me up earlier Shua" I thanked him

"No worries ! After knowing what happened to you, I should be backing you up right ?" said Joshua with a smile

"I owe you one Shua" I smiled back at him as I sit up

"Gosh, there's no need !" he chuckled

"So, have you gotten any idea on where to visit ?" Joshua asked

"Well um..." I fiddled with my index fingers

"Yes ?" he came up to sit beside me on the bed

"I've been wanting to go to Canada again. It's been really long ever since I've been there. I want to show you around my hometown" I said excitedly

"Oh really ? That sounded like a great idea !" Joshua replied

"Do you have any idea ??" I asked him

"Seems like we planned the same thing" he giggled

"Though, I was planning to show you around L.A." said Joshua

"Is it possible to, you know, make two trips ??" I asked

"Well, I don't see any problems in that" he chuckled

"Plus, I really need some times off of work. It's exhausting" said Joshua

"Well I guess that's set up" I said to him

"Two weeks ?" He asked

"That sounded decent, two weeks it is !" I smiled

Both of us dropped the topic aside as we began to talk more about our hometown. Joshua seems happy just by talking about how he grew up and I'm probably like that too. We're just happy that we had the same thing in mind and we'd be more than glad to show around our hometowns.

I really hope, this would be the best vacation I've ever had.