Arranged Marriage || 27

[ - joshua - ]

When she said that, I really felt sorry for her. Must've been hard for her. Years and years living with someone else planning her whole life. I guess... I am her escape from all of this. Am I really able to take care of such a responsibility ?

"You know... Because of living like this for like two decades... I developed a good girl syndrome. If you know what it is" she chuckled bitterly

"I'm scared to mess up. I'm scared to disappoint other... It haunts me, it just do..." she sounded sad. Like really sad.

Sophia ended up ranting about her life and how things were. It pains me just by listening to it. I wonder how Jihoon was able to listen to all of it and on top of it she was crying non stop.

I've never seen her cry yet... And I actually do not wish to see it. She's such a sweetheart, yet she's going through so much and I am genuinely concerned about her mental health.

"Sorry if I was ranting too much" she chuckled

"N-no biggie" I insisted

"Y'know, other than my best friends and cousins, you're the first ever guy to know about my struggles" said Sophia

"Really ?" I asked as I was surprised. I thought she had at least told her exes or something

"Yeah. I mean, we're married now what is there to hide. After all... We are supposed to trust each other" said Sophia

There was then a moment of silence between us.

"I think I want to head to bed now. I'm exhausted" she chuckled

"Do you want me to accompany you for today ?" I asked which is even out of nowhere for me

She immediately moved her head from my shoulder as she faced me, looking shocked.

"Is... That a no ?" I asked

"Well I don't mind, but I wasn't really expecting that to come out of your mouth" said Sophia. She probably felt awkward by it.

"Are you just accompanying me until I sleep or you're sleeping with me. Please make it clear for me" she chuckled

Ah... That's what she was worried about ???

"Whatever you're comfortable with that is" I said to her

"I prefer to sleep with than people watching me sleep" she chuckled

"Which side do you usually sleep at ?" she asked

"It doesn't matter honestly" I replied

"I'll take the left side. I prefer to have space on my side" said Sophia.

"Alrighty" I smiled

"Can you switch off the lights for me ?" she asked

"Of course of course" I got off and head to the switch

She didn't really say anything else after that and laid down at the left side of her bed. I guess she really wants to rest after having to console two guys in a day.

I then laid down beside her after switching off the lights. So she usually sleeps on her right side and at the edge of the bed I guess ??? She seemed to be comfortable in that position

I ended up dozing off not that long after. I guess I myself is exhausted from everything that had happened.

.

.

.

.

[ - sophia - ]

I woke up from my slumber due to my alarm going off. I turned it off and stared up onto the ceiling for a while, to get right into my senses that is. After a few while have passed, I sat up as I stretched my arm upwards.

I rubbed my eyes as I yawned. I then got off my bed and seeing Joshua surprised me. Gosh, I totally forgot he wanted to accompany me yesterday.

He's still sleeping soundly. I'm just glad my alarm earlier didn't disturb his slumber.

I switched on my phone and set up another alarm for him. Since we've been living together for quiet long, you could say I know a lot already about him. What time he'd wake up at etc.

I gave him a light peck on his cheek before I went to my wardrobe to pick out my outfit for today and head downstairs to cook some breakfast for both of us. He have always told me he could handle the cooking and all, but I feel bad. So both of us ended up agreeing he'd be cooking dinner and I'll prepare breakfast. A good deal if you ask me

I'm not that used to cooking any Korean dishes while he's really good at it. It's a win-win for us I guess ??? I mean, we get to eat 2 cuisines per day, who wouldn't say no to that ?

Our relationship between each other has been getting better for sure and I'm just glad we're able to get along very well despite being a total strangers back then.

From a stranger to a friend and who knows we'd be in a legit relationship after this ?? By that I mean having mutual feelings towards each other.

Who knows, maybe this would be the end of me having to suffer from the same problems over and over ??

I'm starting to develop feelings towards him and honestly I'm quiet happy about it. I'm really hoping this feelings would soon be mutual.

Even if it isn't, I wouldn't complain of course. As long as he's going to be by my side, I don't think I even mind.

That's all that I'm hoping for now.