I Promise You

Brooke's pov:

     Merry Christmas! Right now I am laying in bed. I check my phone and see that Lucas has called me a few times. I'll just text him later. I go down to the kitchen and see my mom making breakfast. What the hell? She never does this. "Merry Christmas Brooke!" She comes up to me and hugs me. "Uh... same to you." I respond. "I decided you can drink ONE drink tonight since it's a holiday. Just one!" She says. "I'll pass on that offer." I answer. "Who passes up on drinking? Are you pregnant or something?" She jokes. I look down and think back to last night.

                                   (Last Night)
(Brooke's pov)

We all begin to countdown. 3...2...1. I turn the test over and read it. I immediately drop the test. "Brooke, what does it say?" Haley asks. I hand her the test. "I'm- I'm pregnant." I cry. "Well this could be a false positive. That happens to people all the time." Peyton says. "I don't think so. All of my symptoms were pregnancy symptoms." I reply. "It's gonna be okay Brooke." Haley hugs me. Peyton joins in on the hug. "How do I tell Lucas?" I question. "That's up to you Brooke." Haley answers. "When are you gonna do it?" Peyton asks. "I don't know. This is insane. This must be a dream." I panic. "Brooke I know everything seems awful and scary right now, but just think about it this way, you're gonna have a kid!" Haley tries to cheer me up. I have to admit, it kinda works. I'm gonna be a mom. Maybe a bit earlier than expected, but I've been dreaming of this for so long. "I'm gonna be a mom." I smile at them.
I don't smile for long though. I immediately remember I have to tell Lucas he's gonna be a dad and start crying again. They both try to comfort me, but it doesn't work. I might loose Lucas for good.

(End of Flashback)

"Jeez Brooke I was joking, I know you're not pregnant." My mom says, interrupting my thoughts. "What?- Oh yea. I know you were joking." I panic. She looks at me with a weird look before we begin eating. Right after we finish having breakfast, I run to the bathroom. Of course, I throw up. At least I know why it's happening now.
I was thinking about waiting till after Christmas to tell Lucas, but I decided I wanted to do it tonight. I don't want him to keep worrying about me. Let's hope he has a good reaction.
I go to my room and lay in bed again. That's all I've been doing for almost a month now. I hear my phone buzz. It's a text from Lucas.

Lucas❤️: Hey, just wanted to check in on you. Is everything okay?

Me: Yup everything is fine. I gotta talk to you tonight though, if that's okay.

Lucas❤️: Yea of course it is. Merry Christmas pretty girl.

Me: Merry Christmas to you too boyfriend.

I smile at my phone as I read his texts. His kindness gives me a little bit more confidence that he will stick by me through this.
A while passes by until the time hits 5:00. I start to get ready. Lucas and his mom should be here soon. I finish getting ready and immediately hear the door bell ring. I run down the steps, but my mom already beats me to the door. She opens the door and greets Karen and Lucas. I run up to them and give Karen a hug. "Hi sweetheart!" Karen says, returning the hug. "Hi Karen! Merry Christmas." I say, still hugging her. I love Karen. She is such an amazing person. I feel like I can go to her for anything. "Well what about me?" Lucas jokes. I smile as I wrap my arms around him. I hug him longer and tighter than usual. "Merry Christmas." I say, still hugging him. "Merry Christmas baby." He replies. We eventually let go and head to the kitchen.
"Everything looks amazing!" Karen exclaims as she looks at all the food my mom made for us. My mom thanks her and we all begin to eat. "So, how do you feel today?" Lucas asks me. "Like usual." I frown. "I'm so sorry Brooke. I hope you get better soon." Karen says. "Get better? What do you mean?" My mom questions. "I haven't been feeling well mom." I tell her for the millionth time. "You didn't tell me that." She responds. "Yes I did mom." I say, feeling frustrated that she never listens to me. "I could swear you didn't." She looks at me confused. "Maybe if you listened once in a while-" She cuts me off. "I do listen! Do not speak to me that way!" She shouts. I look down and tear up. Maybe it's just the hormones, or maybe it's the fact that my mom and I even have to fight on Christmas. "I gotta go to the bathroom." I say, before running upstairs. I go to my room and shut the door. I begin to cry. This is the worst. Me and my mom are fighting while people are over, my mom doesn't even know I'm sick, AND I have to tell Lucas I'm pregnant.
      Short after, Lucas opens the door. "Hi pretty girl." He says. I look up at him and he smiles. The way he looks at me is unreal. He looks at me like I'm an angel. "Hi Luke." I answer. He comes and lays near me on my bed. I put my head on his chest. "I'm sorry about me and my mom fighting down there. You and Karen must have felt so uncomfortable." I apologize. "It's okay baby. We didn't feel uncomfortable. We both just felt bad that your mom doesn't know how you're feeling." He answers. I squeeze onto him tighter. I never want to let go. He might leave me after I tell him about the baby, so I need to take it all in. "You wanted to talk to me right?" He questions. "Uh yea. Can we talk after dinner?" I ask. He agrees and we both head back downstairs. "Glad you could join us again Brooke." My mom says in a cocky tone. I just ignore her and sit back down at the table. Lucas grabs my hand under the table and rubs it with his thumb. I smile at him.
     Once we finish eating, we all head to the living room where the Christmas tree is. Lucas sits down and I sit right next to him. "I love you." I whisper to him. "I love you more." He smiles, then kisses my forehead. "You guys are too cute! Smile for the picture!" Karen says before taking a photo of us.