Selfish

Lucas' pov:

     Today is Wednesday. It is finally the day Brooke gets out of the hospital. Right now I am laying next to Brooke watching tv. She is still asleep. I decide to wake her up so she can get out of here as soon as possible. "Hey sleepyhead, it's time to wake up." I nudge her. She doesn't budge though. She is still sound asleep. "Brooke you get out today." I say, trying to get her to open her eyes. "Tired. Very tired." She mumbles. I laugh. She hasn't been getting much sleep. The doctor comes in at night almost every other hour to do her IV. "The quicker you get out, the quicker you can lay in your own bed." She jumps up when I say that. "Take me home." She says. "Anything for you pretty girl." I help her get up and I give her the crutches. The doctor said she needs to use them for 2 weeks.
       When we get to the car, Brooke is hesitant to get in. "I think I should walk. It might be good to get some exercise." She says. "Brooke don't be crazy. We have to go over a highway. You're not walking." I reply. "So what? I can walk far away from the cars." She responds. "Brooke, what's wrong?" I ask, knowing that something is up. "I'm scared." She sighs. I walk up to her and hug her tight. "Brooke it's okay. I know this can be scary, but you are the strongest person I know. I'm gonna drive safer than ever. You can even close your eyes the whole time." She smiles at me. "Okay. But if you speed one time, I'm getting out." She says. "Well I won't be doing any speeding." I answer. We both get in the car and I start the car. Brooke shuts her eyes. I grab her hand and squeeze it. "You're gonna be okay." I whisper. "I know, but you better let go of my hand and put both hands on the wheel." She says. "Oh shoot. Sorry." I apologize. "It's okay boyfriend." She laughs. "Now take me home."
When we get to Brooke's house she immediately goes to her room. I follow behind her. She collapses onto her bed, sighing in relief. "I haven't laid in my bed since before we went to Nags Head." She says. "Seems like forever ago." I reply. "I know. It was so perfect there. I never expected this to happen." She frowns. I lay next to her. "No one did. We are all just glad you're okay." She smiles at me. "I love you." She says out of nowhere. "I love you more Brooke Davis." I kiss her forehead. "Now come here and cuddle with your girlfriend." I lay closer to her and she burries her head into my chest. We stay like that until she falls asleep. I play with her hair and trace circles on her stomach as she sleeps.
After about an hour, she wakes up. I am still next to her, watching tv. "Hi boyfriend." She mumbles in a sleepy voice. "Hi pretty girl." I respond as I plant a long and soft kiss on her lips. "You feeling okay?" I ask. "I'm always okay when I'm with you. Better than okay." She smiles. God, I love this girl.

Brooke's pov:
(3 days later)

Today is Saturday. The day of the game. I have to admit, it's gonna be hard sitting in the bleachers watching my squad cheer without me. As much as I love being up there with them, I'm still gonna be there to support them. I am currently laying in bed and Lucas is making breakfast. He has been so amazing these past few days. They have been kinda hard for me, but he is always here for me. He has been at my house non-stop. My mom is here too, but she is buried in her work. At least she's here though. "I just realized something." Lucas says, walking back into my room with my breakfast. "What?" I question, taking the breakfast and thanking him. "Your mom hasn't really done that much for you these past few days. She has been more focused on herself than on you. That shows what kind of a mother she is." I look at him, shocked at what he just said. "You have no right to say that! She is here for me. She said if I needed anything I could ask her." I lie. She never said that, but I don't want to hear Lucas talk bad about her. "I get that Brooke, but a real mother is suppose to be here for her child after something like this happens. It's not something to beg for. My mom would be checking on me every step of the way." He says. "Get out of my house. Now. You have no right to talk about my mom like that." I shout. "Brooke..." He answers in a shocked tone. "Get out now. Right now." I yell. "Fine." He says. He immediately leaves.
I feel myself start to cry. He was right, I know he was. But for him to say that his mom would be there for him was just wrong. He knows how much better of a mother his mom is than mines, and I know it too. I know his mom would be there for him. I know his mom loves him. I know his mom cares more about him than my mom will ever care about me. I have to admit, I'm jealous. I want my mom to care about me like his mom does. I want my mom to love me like his mom does. I never told him that, so I guess that's why he was so shocked at my reaction. Just hearing those words come out of his mouth, broke my heart. It just seemed so harsh.
I know my mom is finally here, but she still doesn't seem to care that much about me, even after my accident. She doesn't really check on me or ask me if I'm in pain. She just works and works and works. That's what her life depends on. Her work. She doesn't care about much else. I can't even really ask her for things either. For example, now I have no one to take me to the game, but I'm too scared to ask her. She will probably say "No Brooke. There are more important things in life than a stupid, pointless basketball game." So I decided to call Haley and ask her. I'm so thankful for all of my friends. They always have my back.
About an hour later, I hear Haley's car beep outside of my house. I run out to the car. We both say hi and she starts to drive to the school. "So, why isn't Lucas taking you?" She asks. "We got into a fight. He said some things that are just too hard to hear from the person you love most." I answer. "I'm sorry Brooke." She replies. "Not your fault." I smile a fake smile.
We get to the school and go to the court where the game is being played. We are pretty early, so I go and pick a seat at the bleachers. The reason we are early is because Haley is cheering and the cheer leaders need to be here early. The whole basketball team is already here too, including Lucas. I sit on the bleachers and look around. I try to avoid any eye contact with Lucas. We make eye contact once and he gives me a small smile. I look away. I just happen to look at the door and see Peyton walk in. Lucky for me, she's not a cheer leader either. She comes to the bleachers and sits near me. Oh my God. "Hey." She says. "Hi." I answer awkwardly. "I'm sorry you can't cheer." She tries to start a conversation. "Thanks. So what are you doing here? I never really see you at these games." I ask, trying to be a little friendlier. "I just decided to come see Jake." She answers. "That's nice. How's it going with you two?" I ask. "Really good. He is so sweet. He really changed me." She replies. "Nice." I smile. "So how is it with you and Lucas? You two seem great." She questions. "It was going great until today. We got into a fight. He said something that really pissed me off." I respond. "Is that why you're here to watch him play?" She laughs. "I'm here for my squad." I answer. "And you're here for Lucas. Don't deny it. You still wanna see him do good, no matter how mad you are at him. Because you love him Brooke. And he loves you too. Everyone can see how in love you guys are." I smile before asking, "Why are you telling me this? Why are you being so nice?" Honestly I'm confused, when did she become like this? "Because I wanna be different than before. I hate the person I was. I'm so sorry for what I did last year and how hard I was on you this year. It wasn't fair to you." She apologizes. "It's okay." I smile. "So you ready to cheer on the boy you love- I mean your cheer squad." She jokes. I laugh. "I'm ready. But only for my squad." Wow, she actually made me feel a bit better. Weird.
The game ends and the Ravens win. Me and Peyton were actually talking and kinda having a good time. "Hey you ready to go home?" Haley asks. "I was actually gonna stay back for a bit and talk to Ms. Emma (our cheer coach). I'll catch a ride on the way out." I answer. I didn't actually have anything to ask Ms. Emma. I just wanted to take it all in. I wanted to wait for everyone to leave and just appreciate it all. These games. My friends. The court. I know I keep saying this, but after my accident everything is so much more special. I stay back until the court is empty. The boys are in the locker rooms, and all of the crowds left. I just sit and appreciate it all. I don't even care how I'm getting home. I just care that I'm alive. I keep looking around until the team starts to walk out of the locker room. Lucas is the last one to come out. I look down as he gets closer to walking past me. He sits next to me. He doesn't talk for a while.
"I wanna say I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what I did." He breaks the silence. "Not sure what you did?" My voice breaks. He takes my hand and holds it. "Don't cry Brooke. I just want you to tell me what upset you so we can talk about it." He says. I look down again. He lightly lifts my face up so that I'm looking at him. "Talk to me Brooke." He begs. "It's just what you said about my mom. Mostly what you said about your mom. You said your mom would be there for you, and that made me upset. It seemed a bit selfish. You know how amazing your mom is and I know it too. I was so happy that she decided to stay with me and I thought you would be too." I feel my voice crack and a tear rolls down my face. He's gonna think this is stupid. It sounds stupid to me too. I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling. Just jealousy and sadness. He wipes away my tear. "Brooke, you can always tell me when you feel like that. I know it's tough to see me around my mom sometimes and I want you to be able to talk to me about it. I'm sorry for what I said about your mom. I could have said it differently. I'm just surprised that she isn't really caring too much about you after this. I love you Brooke. More than anything. I never wanna say or do anything to hurt you." I wrap my arms around him after he says that. "I love you too Lucas. I'm sorry for being so dramatic about this." He rubs my back. "You are not dramatic Brooke. You're amazing. Always have been, always will be."
As me and Luke are walking out of the gym, we see Peyton and Jake at their car. Lucas always tries to avoid them for me because of Peyton. He begins to walk the other way, his hand in mine. "We can go up to them Luke." He looks at me surprised. "I'm serious." I laugh. We walk up to them and say hi. "Well looks like you two made up." Peyton says, looking at us holding hands. "Yea- wait. How did you know about our fight?" Luke asks. "I told her." I say. Jake and Lucas both look confused. "Your faces right now!" Peyton laughs. I laugh with her. "Well we should get going. See you guys later." I say. "About that...I walked here. My car isn't here." Luke mumbles. "We can drive you guys." Jake offers. "You sure?" Lucas questions. "Of course. Get in you guys." Peyton says as we all get in the car. We all talk and laugh the whole ride. "Guys look!" I shout. They all look out the window and see this guy on the sidewalk running a random photo booth. "Why would that be in the middle of nowhere?" Lucas questions. "No idea, but we are so doing it." I say. "One hundred percent! Pull over Jake." Peyton demands.
He pulls over and we go to the photo booth. First Jake and Peyton go in, then me and Lucas.

We thank the guy running the booth and get back in the car

We thank the guy running the booth and get back in the car. We eventually arrive to my house where Lucas is also staying tonight. "Well that was eventful." Peyton says. "It definitely was." I laugh. "See you guys soon." Jake says. "Maybe tomorrow we can all hang out with the group." I blurt out. "Sounds good." Jake answers. Luke and I leave the car and go into my house. I look at the couch and see my mom sleeping with alcohol bottles surrounding her. I sigh. Lucas hugs me. "Let's go upstairs." He suggests.
We go up and get ready for bed. "I love you Lucas Scott." I say as I put my head on his chest. "I love you more Brooke Davis. Goodnight my pretty girl."
We fall asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

(I'm sorry this is so bad/boring hshshs)
(I got the pics from instagram !!!!)