The Tie That Binds Us | Chapter Seven|

When midnight hits, Kade and Truly carefully thread their hands out of the bindings

When midnight hits, Kade and Truly carefully thread their hands out of the bindings. She carefully holds the knotted tri-cord in her hand. "If ye don't mind, I'd like t'is locked away." I don't want anyone breakin' t'is bond and gettin' me killed as a result.

Running a hand through his hair, Kade's attention shifts to her from the storm outside. "Can I just put it in my chest, or does it have to be stored a certain way?"

"Do ye have a box or a bag of sorts t'at ye could put it in." It doesn't matter as much if the knots come undone, only if the cord's broken, but she'd rather not tempt Triteia.

"I got a few possibilities, but I need to do something real quick." Opening the door, Kade releases a low whistle, and the sound of tags jingling fills the air a moment later. Once Petals enters the room, Kade closes the door behind her. "I need to have her lock this room down, but I'll have to introduce you first. I have things from the ancestral vault in my chest."

Truly raises a brow that he would bring so many valuables like that to school, but she simply nods.

"You might not like this but..." Going to his hamper, he pulls out a worn shirt and snags her dress off his chair. Rolling them up together, he lifts the side of the black comforter with a Kraken's tentacles clutching keys, revealing the raised under section where his chest and Petal's bed are only to toss them both in the bed.

Kade returns to her and kneels, beckoning her to do the same before calling Petals over and commanding her to smell her in Russian. "She won't hurt you unless you're threatening me with a cutlass or gun." He softly breathes against her hair. "But we're going to need to mix our scents for a while. She needs to know your pack."

"Aye, I know." When Petals satisfies her sniffer, Truly lovingly scratches behind her ear. "I have a Doberman at home. Navi wasn't allowed here."

Rising to his feet, Kade offers her a hand up. "Sit on the bed just in case. She'll be commanded to stand guard at the door. He turns and moves to the door, throwing a bolt lock on it the other rooms don't have, and turns briefly to ensure she's up before he commands Petals to lock the room down in Russian.

Truly sets up on a dark grey pouf to climb up on Kade's raised bed. Her feet dangle over the edge of the Kraken comforter while she keeps the cord nestled in her lap.

Ensuring Petals doesn't intend to go after her, Kade returns to the bed and dips beneath it, the sound of dials spinning again fills the air, and after a few minutes, his hand reaches up and places first one, then two, different size velvet pouches beside her. "Don't touch those." He decrees from under the bed as Petals stands at attention, recognizing the pouches. Removing the rectangular box, Kade stands, placing his body in front of hers so that Petals sees him and not her. He takes the first black pouch and lifts his eyes to her. "They're slightly different sizes but I have these and the box the pearl strands are in."