Neptune Whore |Chapter Five|

For the last few days, Truly's head has been swimming

For the last few days, Truly's head has been swimming. On top of school and work, she's been pouring herself into her books, trying to figure out signs and spell revolving around soulmates. Between the mirror, the electrifying touches, and the unprompted clap of thunder, she can't deny that Kade is it. He's the one she's destined to be with.

Everyt'ing about him just feels right.

It's made being around him harder. She wants to cave to her draw to him, but she knows her family, particularly the males, won't approve. No one touches their precious Pearl.

She just needs time to get away from Kade, and being on campus isn't going to provide that. She needs to let loose and relax. There's no other way of doing that than being around her family, particularly her cousins.

She would have gone out with her brother Finn too, but some 'family' business came up, sending him back home for the weekend.

Dusk has long passed as Truly walks past colorful pastel buildings of the city in the middle of her small intimate party. Since she doesn't know the area well and her cousins travel about more, she's relying on them to pick a good spot. As they approach the gated front of Wasted Haven, Truly wonders what type of place her three male cousins picked to go drinking in.

"Are t'ey locking us in?" She raises a brow to Keegan, her twenty-year-old cousin.

His pouty lips curl up in a sly smile. "Noh, but t'ey should." His light blue eyes dance with mischief.

Next to him, his young red-headed fiance, Poppy, snorts. "Aye, ain't dat de truth?"

"Now, Poppy," Truly's eldest cousin, Blaine, comes up behind Truly and drapes his thick muscular arm over her shoulders. "Ye make it sound like we Davelvon's aren't fit for society."

Poppy wraps an arm around Keegan's waist and hugs herself close to him. "I only agreed, blame yer cousin. 'E was de one dat said ye all should be locked away." Her thick Irish accent falls heavy from her lips.

"Not t'at she would've been wrong." Keegan pulls open the wooden door that reminds Truly what a captain's quarters' door would look like on an old pirate ship.

When she walks into the bar, the smell of beer, rum, and whiskey fills her senses. An odor that's often found on the island. With Atlantis' founding ancestors being pirates, the heavy influence of the buccaneers still lingers even five hundred years later.

"T'ink ye can out drink me, Little Pearl?" Blaine taunts as he brushes his long chin-length dark brown hair out of his face.

"Yer ta biggest lush on ta island, Blaine." Poppy teases over her shoulder.

Blaine flicks her off as the group of six passes through the wooden hall leading to the bar and dance floor. Truly scans the crowd, looking for an open table for them to sit at. Her heart stills when she catches sight of Kade dressed in low-cut jeans and a loose-fitting shirt as he dances with a cute little Asian girl. Their bodies press together, her back to his front as they move seductively together. If the grin on Kade's face means anything, he's enjoying himself immensely. Spinning around to face him, the girl slides her arms around his neck, and, to Tru's horror, Kade dips his head and kisses her.