𝕶 11.

𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔫'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳
Waking up in the same white room as always, I become confused as to why I had an IV in my arm and a KG machine next to me.

I hear steps outside my door making me nervous that it was her.

I could have sworn she killed me.

"Hailey!" I say and she appears at the door making me relieved.

"What is this?" I ask her referring to the IV and the machine next to me.

I look confused at her attire.

"Did I suddenly slip into coma until halloween?" I joke as she had a teal dress on, dressed like a nurse.

"What do you mean?" She asks, looking down at her dress, being absolutely confused with me.

"I'm always wearing this," she giggles.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"Where's Daisy?" I ask and she tells me that she was in her crib.

"Hailey what's going on?" I ask her.

It was as if my reality had shifted.

"What do you mean?" She asks me, walking towards me with concern.

"Why am I plugged to this machine, why am I in all white and why are you dressed like a nurse?" I ask her as I was hoping this was a joke.

"Justin," she begins.

"Where's the photos of us?" I begin hyperventilating as I noticed all the photos we had together were completely gone.

I look at my hands and see my ring was gone.

I look at Hailey's and see she didn't have a ring either, what the hell is going on.

"Where's our rings?" I ask her and she tells me to calm down.

"No, where's Daisy?" I ask frantically.

"Let me go get her," she says putting me at ease.

At least Daisy is here.

She brings Daisy back.

But it wasn't Daisy.

It was a doll.

"Is this a fucking joke to you?!" I yell at her.

"Where's my daughter?" I tell her, and she looked at me scared.

"Hailey, where the fuck is our daughter?!" I yell and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Justin," she calls me again.

"What?" I reply angrily.

"You're at the mental state hospital of California," she tells me.

"What?" I say.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask again.

"I'm your nurse, Hailey," she tells me and I saw her badge that sat on her chest.

It said her name along with "nurse" underneath.

And that's when it hit me.

I don't have a house.

I don't have a daughter.

I don't have a wife.

I killed my wife and daughter in a car accident during one of my episodes.

"You're in here because you have severe paranoid schizophrenia," she tells me as I was remembering everything. The reality this time.

"You had schizophrenia when you first got here, but ever since the death of Karma and Daisy, you've developed paranoid schizophrenia. You've been with us for almost three months now," she tells me and I just stared at her.

I let out a laugh.

All this time I thought I was a pediatric nurse when really I have just been playing with these fake dolls.

I remember the car crash vividly.

God her body was covered in blood. I took Daisy out of her car seat.

Karma was begging me not to take her.

She was dragging herself along the pavement, her arms and face were bloody from the impact.

I remember the car eventually blew up in flames.

I remember looking down at my arms to see the baby girl with skin as blue as the ocean.

The rain had given her hypothermia, she had instantly died in my arms.

I remember lights flashing at me.

I had believed it was my guardian angel.

It was Hailey.

She took me to the mental hospital immediately once she saw my state.

I guess Karma did really get what she wanted.

Because I live every day in fear of my life that she'll get me back.

And I have lost my fucking mind because of what I did to her and our baby girl.

"Karma isn't here anymore Justin, and Daisy was found dead in your arms the night I found you on the side of the road," she tells me and I bursted out laughing at how ridiculous this all was.

I mean how the fuck could I forget.

I'm insane.

I really imagined all this shit.

"I thought we were married," I say hysterically laughing at it all.

"I thought we had a daughter, and this was our house Hailey!" I cry of laughter and she looks at me like I was crazy.

"I know I'm crazy Hailey," I continue laughing.

"But she could still be out there to get me," I say suddenly as I was now afraid.

"Oh she's out there, she's roaming these halls," I whisper to her.

"She might get Diego or Rebecca now," I thought.

"I can't escape her, she lives here, forever," I say pointing to my head.

I laughed as she took a step away from me.

I grab the baby doll and held her in my arms, crying as I couldn't believe that I had killed my own daughter. I couldn't believe I thought she was here this whole time.

She was just a fucking coping doll this whole time.

Don't trust Hailey.

Kill her.

Now.

"She's finally here Hailey," I smile.

"Karma's here," I whisper a smile at Hailey.