𝔎 7.

𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔫'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳
It seems like forever since I've had a normal day.

A day where my mind isn't running crazy, 200 miles per hour with no destination.

And to say the least, I hate it.

I feel that I'm not enjoying my time with Hailey and Daisy, like I should be.

And I get so anxious leaving the house now.

I fear even opening my eyes.

Because at every corner I see her, or I hear her cries.

I can't even trust Hailey at this point.

The fact that she doesn't see nor hear her, I mean she has to be in on this too.

I shake my head taking that thought away.

I have to trust Hailey.

She's the only person I can trust.

"Say cheese!" Hailey says as she took a photo of Daisy and I. Daisy looked absolutely adorable in her cute puffy lavender dress.

I dropped my smile, and handed Daisy over to Hailey as she then held her on her hip.

"Do we have to go?" I say regarding our neighbor's house and Hailey looks over at me as she held Daisy.

"No, but it would be nice. Come on, he was there for your birthday," she says and I nod my head.

"Okay," I mumbled and we then walked over to Diego's house where very few of his close family members were in the house, and almost all of our neighbors from the street were there too.

I decided to hold Daisy, keeping her close to my chest during the small and quick party.

All of our neighbors were married but no kids, so unfortunately Daisy had no one to play with.

We once had someone who had a kid, not sure what happened to them though.

Guess they were sent elsewhere.

But I didn't mind that Daisy didn't have a friend today, I would rather keep her safe.

I sat in the backyard, eating the plate of chocolate cake that sat on the plastic white table.

I look down at Daisy who sat on my lap, gently pulling on the white table sheet.

Behind me I could hear whispering about me.

He doesn't look well.

So tired.

Looking crazier day by day.

Ignoring it, I look down at the cake.

My heart stopped as I thought of the possibility that it was poisonous.

I quickly shove it away from me.

Hailey looked back at me, her teal coat blowing slightly under the wind.

"What's wrong with the cake?" She asks me walking towards me and I shake my head.

I readjust Daisy on my lap.

"I saw a bug on it," I say clearing my throat and she frowned at my words.

"I'll take it," she says as she then proceeds to throw it away discretely.

We had only stayed there for an hour or so. Every one had also left after an hour upon arrival, I guess Diego had somewhere to be.

The whole time I could hear our neighbors talking negatively about me literally behind me.