𝔎 6.

𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔫'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳
It's been a few days since I heard the patting on the floor that one night.

After staying up all night, and having to go to work the day after, I was practically brain dead.

Hailey asked me why I was so tired the morning after during breakfast, I just told her that I was cold and couldn't sleep because of that.

She believed me, asking me why I didn't get another blanket. I just lied telling her I didn't want to wake her or Daisy up.

But really, I was scared shitless she would appear again if I got up in the dark hallway.

That her dark silhouette would appear against the white walls.

And that my skin would crawl like she did that cold night so long ago.

And that my skin would turn as white as the walls that constantly surround me.

I was scared to see anything honestly.

I'm talking to myself at this point, constantly.

Thinking about the same thing, I'm just in my own head constantly.

Ignoring the outside, reality; only thinking about the past and what happened.

"What about these? 2 for $3?" Hailey interrupts my thoughts, showing me two large watermelons. We were currently at our local supermarket, shopping for some groceries for the week.

"That's a good deal, get those," I reply and she proceeds to place them in the shopping cart. Daisy turns in the front of the shopping cart she sat on, looking at what Hailey was dropping.

Hailey then gets a hold of the bar of the shopping cart and begins to walk down the aisle looking for more things on our list.

"I wrote down that we should get some cereal, what kind would you like?" She asks me and I told her that I preferred Honey Bunches of Oats.

And off we went down the aisles looking for cereal.

Taking one box from the shelf, I get the feeling of eyes staring at us.

She's here.

I quickly look around, not seeing her.

She's here.

She's going to kill me.

Hailey then tells me she was going to change Daisy's diaper in the restroom, that she would be back.

As soon she walked away from the aisle with Daisy I panicked wondering where she was.

All I could think of was I need to get her.

Run.

I look around, it felt like the room was in slow motion as I was examining every face and move.

I quickly walked backward and turned my feet to walk forward, continuing to look around.

And there she was at the end of the aisle.

She passed by me, her eyes stared at me.

My body froze, the same way she did that night.

I almost wanted to cry from fear at the fact that she was there in front of me.

She quickly turned her head, walking past me with her face looking forward.

Her eyes were a dark drown, her black hair in a short cut, and her skin was now pale.