𝔎 2.

𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔫'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳
"Justin," Hailey suddenly wakes me up as I gasp from the hot water hitting my chest. I had fallen asleep standing up in the shower with my head leaned on the wall.

"Come on, you're going to be late," Hailey hurries me and I nod my head as I quickly continued my shower and soon enough I was dressed, eating breakfast at the dinner table.

"Open," Hailey smiles bringing the small spoon to Daisy's mouth, and she opens it allowing the mushy baby food to enter her mouth. I laugh as she made a face at the green pea flavored paste.

"Oh, she doesn't like it," I point out as I already knew what was about to happen.

I quickly call her name making her look at me with her mouth slightly open, the green paste smeared on her lips. If she didn't like a food, she immediately began to cry. And after last night, the last thing I need is for her to be screaming.

"It's alright," I coo walking to her and picking her up from Hailey's arms.

"It's yummy," I bring a spoon of the food to my mouth pretending to eat it. The sight makes her stare at me. I then take the spoon and put it near her mouth and she refused to open it.

"Open," I warn and she turns her head away making both Hailey and I laugh.

"Come on, don't be picky," I chuckle and she began to drool making me laugh.

"Well, you look hungry with all that drool. Come on, it's not too bad," I joke bringing the spoon back up and she finally took it in.

"There you go," I cheer as I kissed her cheek before handing her back to Hailey.

"You look really tired, did you sleep at all last night?" Hailey notices and I nod my head as I cut a piece of the syrup drizzled pancake.

"Yeah I slept," I lie as I then put the piece of pancake in my mouth.

"And how come Daisy was in our bed?" She questions and I lied as I told her that she began crying and I didn't want to keep getting up so I had her sleep with us.

She can't know that she's watching us now.

She can't know why she wants revenge.

She can't know that I'm feeling the worst anxiety in my life.

"You promise you'll be okay?" I ask Hailey as Daisy was crying in her arms and she was just bouncing in place to calm her down.

"Yes, I'll be fine," she assured me and I wish she would have begged, "no please stay home!" I would want to stay home willingly, but I didn't want Hailey getting worried.

I always went to work for long hours because I want the best for us and our daughter. I want to be able to provide for them and never have to worry about a thing when it comes to finances. I want us to be well, and happy. If that means doing 12 hour shifts for five days straight, I will happily do so.

But now, the last thing I want is to leave my house.

The last thing I want is to be apart from them.

"Alright," I sigh as I gave Hailey a kiss.

"I love you, call me if anything," I kiss her again and I gave Daisy a kiss on the forehead as she was still slightly crying.

"Text me when you get there," she smiles and I nod my head as I walked to my car.

I set my briefcase on the passenger seat and I look at Hailey at the door way, telling Daisy to wave bye, making me smile. "Say bye," I read her mouth and Daisy just cried making her frown as she then went inside the house. I backed out of the drive way and made my way down the road.