𝔎 5.

𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔫'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳
Opening my eyes in the bright room, I look around and become worried when I see Hailey wasn't here.

I sit up, looking around to find any trace of her.

"Hailey?" I stammered, removing the white duvet from my body, stepping on the white tile floor.

I step out of the room, going into the hall. She steps out of one of the rooms, closing it behind her and she becomes astonished when she see's me.

She held Daisy in her arms, patting her bottom.

"Justin, what are you doing up so early?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"I slept early, what time is it?" I question and she informs me that it is 6am.

"Why are you awake so early?" I ask her.

Daisy was sleeping, she had no reason to get up this early on a Sunday and be around the house.

"Just cleaning up a bit," she says walking to me and I look down at Daisy sleeping in her arms.

"Let's get back to bed," I suggest and she nods her head with a small smile.

"I'll be there okay?" She nods her head as she walks away with Daisy and I stopped her.

"She can lay down with us too," I whispered and Hailey stops as she then turns around and we make our way to our bed.

"Careful," she whispers as I laid down, placing Daisy between us.

She moves her head towards me and I smiled at her, gently running my hand over her scalp.

"Do you think we'll ever be able to make a kid more adorable than her," I say making both Hailey and I gently laugh.

"Oh definitely not," Hailey replies and we both looked down at her in adoration.

"What do you want to do today?" She asks making me bring my eyes at her, away from Daisy.

"Hm, I haven't thought about it. Maybe we can just stay home," I shrug my shoulders and she looks at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Stay home?" She asks. I nod my head. I didn't want to leave anywhere and see her.

"We always go somewhere on your days off," she brings up and I looked down at Daisy.

"I know, but maybe we can just stay here for today, please?" I ask and she nods her head.

"Okay," she agrees making me relieved.

"Do you want to watch movies tonight?" She asks and I nod my head with a slight smile.

"We can do that," I reply.

Since it was six in the morning, we both decided we would fall asleep for another hour or so and then get started on our day. Although I wasn't tired, I agreed anyway, because I was falling into my own thoughts again and I hate having Hailey see me like this.

She was fast asleep with Daisy in her arms and I was staring at the white walls.

Thinking of that night.

How cold my hands were.

The flames.

The rain pouring.

The screaming and crying.

Her begging me not to leave.

But I left either way.

And that's the part that kills me.

***

"Open" Hailey tells Daisy as she fed her some baby food. Daisy's mouth was a small mess, so Hailey got a napkin and gently removed the paste from her face, and continued to feed her.