Chapter Twenty-Two. Meet Peter.

Before I knew it, I was in the front seat of Stiles' jeep. 

We were driving down an empty narrow road while it was pitch black outside. And we were looking for Peter's car. 

I was finally going to see his face.

 I looked at a pulled over car ahead of us "There!" 

Stiles nodded, "Okay, what do I do?!"

 I widened my eyes, "Hit it!" 

Stiles turned to me with his eyes wide also, "What?!"

 I shrugged, "Yeah, if we hit it, Peter and Melissa will get out of the car." 

Stiles narrowed his eyes, "But..." 

I scoffed, "What?!"

 Stiles whined, "My jeep."

 I sucked my teeth, "Okay. So we could do two things. We can drive past them, keep your jeep safe. But Melissa could literally die! Or, we can do the right thing, save Melissa's life, and-"

 Before I could continue speaking, Stiles had hit the gas more and crashed right into Peter Hale's car. 

I nodded, "And kaboom."

 I was about to get out of the car, but Stiles put his hand over my seatbelt, "No." 

I looked over at him and scoffed, "Excuse me?" 

Stiles sighed, "This is the first time you're seeing this man since your kidnapping."

 I nodded, "I know that Stiles. Do you think that I don't know that?" 

He clicked his tongue, "I just, I don't want you to start panicking or anything." 

I pressed my lips together, "Stiles, don't know how many times I have to tell you. Or Scott, or Derek. But I've got it under control." I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car.

 I gasped and walked over to the front of the jeep, "Oh my God." 

Melissa got out of the car and widened her eyes, "Are you kidding me?! Stiles!" 

Stiles got out of the jeep and sighed heavily, "Ms. McCall? Well, this is just crazy, isn't it? What a coincidence, right Addi?"

 I faked a laugh, "Yep. Amazing coincidence. I mean, I don't know what to say. It's like you guys came out of nowhere." 

Melissa crossed her arms, "Came out of nowhere?! We were parked on the side of the road!" I could literally smell the anger coming from Melissa, and it was not pretty.

 I narrowed my eyes, "Well don't blame me, Stiles was indeed the one driving."

 Peter began walking towards us, "Yeah, well it was definitely crazy." 

I looked up to face him, fear taking over my entire body. 

But that fear dissolved when I felt another warm hand intertwined with mine. 

"Hey, we should probably call the cops." Stiles stated. 

I nodded, slowly bringing myself back, "Yeah, do some... accident report thing. You know, it might be fully necessary." 

Peter shook his head slowly with a sick smile on his face, "I don't think that's necessary." He looked over at me. 

I narrowed my eyes, "Really? Are you sure?" 

Stiles nodded, "Yeah, because I'm feeling some whiplash." Stiles then dramatically groaned and began to itch the back of his neck. 

I held a laugh in as Melissa's eyes widened even more, "Whiplash?! You're the one who hit us! And I thought you were the modest one here, Adelaide! Could you not keep Stiles in control for one night?"