Chapter Five. Meet Derek.

Stiles and I pulled up to the party. 

I got out of the jeep, kicking my legs over and walking up to the house with Stiles. "Is this your first highschool party?" 

I scoffed, "What, you think Eichen House takes us on field trips to Lydia Martin's house?"

 Stiles rolled his eyes, "I don't need your sarcasm, Adelaide." 

I clicked my tongue, "Never thought that I'd hear that from your mouth." Stiles grabbed my arm just as we were about to walk in the house. I sucked my teeth, "What now, Stiles?" 

Stiles sighed, "Don't accept a drink from anyone besides me." 

I raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

 Stiles gave me a dumbfounded look, "Because certain people aren't very good people." 

I looked down, "I'm not following."

 Stiles nodded, "Drugs. They're gonna try to drug you, Addi. And I don't know how you on your medication would react to that."

 I smiled brightly, "Oh, don't worry about that." 

Stiles looked up to face me, "Worry about what?" 

I shrugged, "Me on my medication." 

He shook his head, "Why not?" 

I chuckled, "Because I flushed them." I left Stiles there, wide-eyed as I walked into the house.

 I looked around to see people drinking and dancing and having fun. Stiles ran over to me, "What do you mean 'you flushed' them?"

 I shrugged, "Well, we've established the fact that I'm not crazy and werewolves actually do exist, so... I flushed my pills down the toilet." 

Stiles looked at me like something was seriously wrong, "Addi, you're acting crazy." 

I shook my head, "No, I-I'm not, don't say that."

 Stiles scoffed, "Yes, Adelaide, you are."

 I nodded with my eyes wide, "Oh really? You wanna see crazy Stiles?" I walked away without another word, beginning to wander around the house.

 I looked outside to see Scott dancing with Allison. He gave me a nervous smile before putting his focus back on his date.

 "You want that, don't you?" I turned around to see Lydia with a cup in her hand, "A nice, loving relationship." 

I scoffed, "Excuse me?"

 Lydia sucked her teeth, "I see the way you look at his friend. Like you hate him more than anything in the world. But you don't really hate him, do you Adelaide?"

 I shrugged, "I do actually. I don't need some queen of the school giving me her words of wisdom."

 Lydia nodded, "I've heard about you. And I don't like you." 

I smirked, "That makes me so offended."

 Lydia continued, "You do what you've got to do. Acting like you are prettier than me, or funnier than me."

 I clicked my tongue, "Maybe I am prettier and funnier than you."

 Lydia looked stunned, "You'll regret ever saying that." 

I chuckled, "Oh, I bet. What are you gonna do? Ruin my reputation? My reputation was ruined when I was kidnapped and kept in the basement of a house for three years." I walked past Lydia and caught a glimpse of someone staring at me. 

Derek Hale. 

I walked up to him, "What are you doing here? Aren't you a bit old to be at a high school party?"