Chapter 31

I groan softly as I open my eyes. The sun is brightly shining through the closed shades. I feel the tiredness lingering in my body. I move slightly feeling my muscles tighten in response to my movement. It slightly hurts, but why it hurts is worth any depth of pain that I might feel. I reach over to the bed side and grab my phone. It is barely 7am. The last time I looked at the time it was 4:30am.

I am still in awe of what happened last night, which is probably why I couldn't sleep last night. I feel like I might be dreaming, but then I look over to see Steffy snuggled up on the other side of the bed. I could sit here and watch her sleep forever. I move a little bit more carefully as not to wake her. I want to do something special for her before she wakes up. I sit up slowly in the bed and reach for my boxer shorts. I slip them on quietly, lifting my butt up gently to pull them up. I don't want to do anything to wake her up. She needs her rest. She took in and gave so much last night.

Just then I feel her hand slide across the bed to touch my back. I am surprised at her gesture, being able to feel me get up even in the deepest of slumber. "Where do you think you are going?" she asks. "What time is it?"

I lean back to place a kiss on her temple. "It's early, like 7ish. Go back to sleep, Baby. I have to do a few things before the kids come back."

Steffy rolls onto her stomach before leaning up onto her elbows. "What time are the kids supposed to be back?"

"I think late morning. I have to check."

"'I have an idea," she says with a smirk, while scooching closer to me.

I turn towards her, not completely sure what her idea is. I have a hunch, but can't be completely sure now that it is a new day. "Mmm, what's your idea?"

She places her hand on my leg right at the edge of my boxers. Her move basically confirms my hunch.

"Call Wyatt and ask him if he minds keeping the kids a little longer, maybe bring them back this afternoon?"

"Oh really? Is that what you want me to do?" I smirk playfully at her before leaning down to place a kiss on her lips.

Her eyes light up. "Come back to bed. Let's snuggle for a little while longer. We could have a great morning together. I don't want this to end."

"Steffy—"

"Getting out of this bed will end this," she says cutting me off.

I sigh. Staying in bed with her all day is exactly what I want to do. We have so much lost time to make up for. I need to be realistic though, we do have Kelly and Cooper we need to think of too. But I have a hard time saying no to Steffy.

"Okay," I relent, "but I need a few minutes. I need to call Wyatt and ask if later is okay, check on the kids and just pick up the remnants from last night." I kiss her again. "I'll be back in a little bit. Go back to sleep for a bit. If you don't remember you do like your sleep. Sometimes, you get a little cranky when you don't get enough of it," I wink.

"Mmm, I wonder who's fault it is that I didn't get enough sleep last night?" she says raising her eyebrows.

Even though it was a mutual decision I will gladly take the blame. "I will gladly take the blame for our adventure last night." I kiss her once more. "Go back to sleep. I promise I'll be back quickly."

She snuggles into the pillow that's besides her. I lean over her to pull the sheet up onto of her. "I love you, Steffy," I whisper in her ear before kissing the top of her head.

I pull up my pajama bottoms, before walking over to the door. I look quietly back over to Steffy. I am in complete awe of everything that has happening in the last twelve hours. There is not a moment that goes by that I am not grateful for her or that I don't love her even more. I am a lucky man.