Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I wake up earlier than I usually do. It was a long night, without much sleep for me. I tossed and turned for hours. I despise sleeping alone. My mind races throughout the night, waking me up every couple hours, constantly looking at the clock, reaching over in hopes that Steffy is there and hoping that it's just about time to get up. My body just seems to take comfort when I am ready to wind down, knowing that Steffy is next to me.

It's still dark out when my eyes open, and I decide that there is no use in even trying to go back to sleep.

"Ugh," I groan rubbing the side of my face already feeling how tired my body is from the lack of sleep. "This is your fault, Mrs. Spencer, you just had to leave me for four days," I sigh softly before rolling my eyes.

I grab my phone off the nightstand. It's 5:15, I have about an hour and a half until I have to get the kids up.

Me: Good Morning, Baby. Hope you had a better night than I did. Hope that you have a great day. I love you.

I hit send. I know she's probably still sleeping. To my surprise though, as I am getting dressed for the day, my phone pings a few minutes later.

Steffy: Good Morning Babe. (hearts) You have no idea how much I missed you last night.

I smile goofily, knowing that she probably had the same kind of night that I did. Steffy and I are so much alike.

Me: I think I do. I really miss you. Last night was terrible. Tossed and turned for hours. Maybe got 3 hours last night.

Me: Why are you up so early?

Steffy: Don't play dumb, Liam. You know exactly why.

Me: Well, tell me again. I want to hear it.

Steffy: You know I don't sleep well without you. I've been up since four doing some work for Forrester.

Me: You brought work with you on your girls' trip? You are insane. What happened to relaxing?

Steffy: I am, but when you can't sleep and it's the middle of the night, what better way to pass the time than do some work?

Steffy: The work is going to have to get done anyway, at some point

Me: True, but still....

Me: Forrester is lucky to have such a talented, smart and dedicated CEO. Oh and did I mention, sexy?

Steffy: You are biased.

Me: I am not.

Steffy: Yes, you are.

Me: Okay, even if I am, it doesn't change the facts. You are amazing, an amazing woman, wife, mother and CEO and you are mine.

Steffy: Forever

Me: Do you want to call in like an hour and say good morning to the kids before I drop them off at school?

Steffy: Yeah, we aren't going for breakfast until 8.

Me: They will be so excited to talk to you.

Steffy: Call me when you are ready.