𝟑𝟒, 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬

third person.

diana walked the halls of her school. she was currently switching from art to music which she was excited for. she goes to her locker to pick up a book. when closing the locker door a boy stood there, scaring her a bit causing her to jump.

"sorry about that." he apologized and scratched the back of his neck.

she put on a smile as she recognized the boy. "oh, it's alright. er, what's up?" she asked.

"right uh, i was wondering since we're doing the project together we could start working on it soon since we haven't yet." zach spoke.

"yeah, of course!" diana nods. "i've already started it or have an idea to start it and we can finish it soon. library tomorrow?" she throws her book bag over her one shoulder.

"i'm busy tomorrow." he mumbled softly. "why not today?"

"oh i'm going out with a... friend?" diana told him, tilting her head as she, in a way, mentioned lucas. he didn't want people to know they were together but he wanted them to know they were a thing and diana being diana only excepted it.

"oh..."

the bell rings and she throws her book bag over her one shoulder. "i'll see, and text you! talk to you later!" she walks backwards to head to class.

"y- yeah! later!" zach stuttered and let out a breath as she turned back around.

"i see you herron," corbyn smirked as he darted his arm over zachs shoulder.

the younger boy rolled his eyes and shook corbyn off him. "oh shut it. how's it going with trinity?" he questioned making corbyns smirk dropped.

corbyns face turned a bright red and he scratched the back of his neck at the mention of the girl he was in love with. zach chuckle and walks off with corbyn shortly behind him.

"it's actually going good fyi!" corbyn beams. "she's willing to hang out with me today after school. at the park downtown."

"oh really?" zach raised a brow in surprise.

"yup! she was the one who offered too." he shrugged as they made it to zachs class. "i'll catch you in approximately," he checks his watch. "three hours." he sighs before looking at zach again who was staring off at diana and lucas.

"hello? z? zach? zach? zach? zachary? zach dean? zachy bear!" corbyn exclaims catching people's attention around them.

zachs eyes widen as he notices diana is looking over at them, struggling to hold back a laugh. "what did i say about calling me that!" he yells in a whisper.

"i'll see you later!" corbyn waves as he leaves the boy with a grin on his face.

diana looked around at the familiar and unfamiliar place. like she knows it but felt like she's never been there. even though she had. she shrugged the feeling off and walked up to the herrons household.

taking a deep breath, she held up her finger to ring the doorbell. it rung in the inside. she heard running and a few fainted yells as someone approached the door to open it.

"hello- oh diana, hi!" he greets with a big smile as he stood next to the open door with one hand on it.

"hey zachary," she replies with a soft smile, warming his heart by just her look.

"whatcha doing here?" their meet up had completely slipped his mind.

"we're supposed to work on that project... remember?" zach gazed out for a second before gasping lightly.