𝟐𝟓, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫

third person.

diana rang the door bell at lucas' house. he asked her to come over a few days before to study on their upcoming u.s history test.

a younger boy opened the door, "i can reach the door," he smiled brightly at diana.

"that's really cool. is anyone home?" diana asked the boy.

he nodded, "yeah luca is here," he opened the door wider and waved for diana to come in.

"sorry about him," a girl came at the door but she was older. "who are you?"

"uh diana, lucas told me to come over so we could study..." she answered.

she nodded, "lucas someone's at the door for you!" she yelled out with her head on the other side of the door.

"be there in a sec!" a faded voice yelled back. diana awkwardly stood there and the older girl waited for lucas to arrive at the door.

"hey," lucas greeted diana, giving her a small hug. "you can leave now," he told his sister who was watching the two.

"door open, three inches," she told him before leaving to what it seemed like the kitchen.

"ignore her," lucas chuckled nervously. "uh come in," he opened the door wide for her and she did so.

diana fiddled with her backpack strap. this reminded her from the first time she met the herons.

"don't worry. it'll be fine," zach assured diana as they stood a few steps from the door.

"i'm nervous," she wiped her hands on her legs, drying them from the sweat that started to form on them. "what if they don't like me?"

"they will. if i like you i can assure you they will too," zach sent her a smile and she returned it at how cute he was to her. "now come on," he held his hand out for her.

diana held his hand and they started to walk into the house. zach opened the door and they walked to the living room where the others were.

"mom, dad, this is diana. my almost girlfriend," he looked back at diana.

her cheeks heated up at his words, "hi," she sent them a small wave.

"hi diana, i'm myta, this is josh." mrs.herron told her with a tight smile.

"woah you're so pretty!" reece exclaimed as she saw diana.

she giggled, "you're prettier!"

"sorry what?" diana snapped out of it as lucas tapped her shoulder.

"she asked if you'd like to say over for dinner," lucas repeated the question his mother has asked.

"oh uh, i'd love to but i have to ask. i'm supposed to be home around seven thirty," it was currently six.

"well alright then. you two can go up and do your school studying," the mother told them.

lucas nodded and he got up from the chair and started to walked to his room. diana followed him through the hallway.

"i have a question..." lucas said as he closed the door. "you don't have to answer it but i just wanna ask." diana nodded slowly and sat on the bed. "are you and zach a... thing?" he hesitated, wanting a pacific answer.

"no." diana stated. "zach and i aren't a thing."

"oh."

"why?" she asked.

"i don't know," he shrugs. "it seems like you two are. we're you guys a thing?"

"it's confusing," she told him and covered her face with both of her hands. "we did date but it didn't work out and i don't like him now," she lied straight through her teeth.

lucas smiled, "this probably sounds selfish but i'm glad to hear that."

diana forced a smile, "of course. anyways let's start studying."

"i'm not dumb, i just don't understand this," zach told her as he got another question wrong.

"i didn't say your dumb i just said you're not smart enough," diana chuckled.

"that's practically saying im dumb just in different words!" he exclaimed.

she continued to laugh at him, "ok ok we need to get back on topic—"

"diana?" lucas said as she stared off. "diana?" he repeated. it was like she was in a whole different world. "diana?"

"i'm sorry i have to go," diana snapped out of it and stood up. "something came up."

"what- diana, what's going on?" he stood up, watching her as she packed her stuff again.

"i just remembered my mom wanted me home to babysit," she threw her bag over her shoulder. "i'm sorry but i gotta go," she opened the door and quickly left his room.

"wait but- diana! you said you free all day!" he shouted as he chased her.

diana tried to ignore him as she ran out the house. her breathing became uneven but she didn't care. she ran and ran and ran.

she got home. she passed everyone and went into her room. she closed the door, locked it and sat in the corner of her room. her hands shook lightly, she watched as it did so.

diana heard the banging on the door but it faded as she got dizzy. she saw her brother break in the room. "diana!" was the last thing she heard before everything went black.

pitch black.

stars discussions —

ooo that's not good