𝟏𝟐, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐬

third person.

"hey guys." diana greeted her friends as they were gathered around lillians locker.

"hey d!" they greeted her back.

"what are you guys up to?" diana asked, standing next to grace.

"we were talking about dress shopping. you still coming right?" grace told her.

"yeah, yeah." she spoke, unsure.

"what's wrong?" trinity asked.

"i still have no date." she pursed her lips.

"what about zach? didn't he ask you?" estrella asked.

"well yeah but i don't think i'm going with him. he said just friends." diana sighed and leaned up against the lockers.

"do you not wanna go as just friends?" lillian closed her locker.

"i don't know. i like zach, i really do. it's just- i don't know if he's the same as when he broke up with me." she ran her fingers through her hair.

"d, he's changed you know that. he's been wanting to be with you. i think he deserves a second chance." estrella told her as they started walking out the building.

"does he? he broke up with me because of his stupid reputation at school. none of this is going to matter once we graduate." she rolled her eyes and joined them in the car.

"boys are stupid but we've been known that since before you laid eyes on zach." trinity nodded at her.

"but it's different. i don't know how but it just is." diana put on her seatbelt. "and what's with all the questions about zach. i thought we don't mention him."

the four girls shared a look which diana missed. "we just saw you and him talking at the arcade and saw you having a good time. zach makes you happy d. i don't know why you don't want that." grace started the car and started driving out of the schools property.

"he does make me happy." she mumbled.

"yeah and so what if you get hurt. everyone's going to have a terrible break up. it's what you do after it is what counts." lillian stated.

"getting back together with him?" diana scoffed lightly.

"come on d. his family loves you." trinity said, trying to convince the girl.

"they love everyone." she spoke quietly and unconsciously as if she was fading away from the conversation.

"he loves you." estrella sighed.

"i got it." diana smirked.

"you got what?" trinity asked.

"i'll just get back at him." she spoke with confidence and crossed her arms over her chest.

"no that's not what we're saying-" estrella trying telling her.

"i know and you guys didn't have to." she unlocked her phone. "but we gotta take it slow." she searched zachs contact.

"why slow?" trinity asked, receiving a slap on the arm from grace.

"because it'll hurt more." diana smiled and then texted zach.

—